Registry and Gift Forum

What to get my FH

Ok, I know there is a similar post below, but it was not helpful for my unique FH. He is a Star Wars and Indiana Jones fan. He has a watch that he never takes off because his grandmother gave it to him. He has a nice wallet. He does not tend to wear anything formal (getting him in a tie is a challenge). He is not very careful and would cut himself on a pocket knife. He collects Star Wars figurines, but he has so many. I do not want to do a boudoir photo, and he has expressed that he thinks them to be tacky. What would you suggest?

Re: What to get my FH

• you really think that if you dressed up like princess leia for boudoir pics, he wouldnt like it? hell yes he would!but i understand not being comfortable with that....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That esty clock is so cool!!!I'm having the same problem with my fiance.  I simply cannot think of anything for him!  Maybe you can get him tickets to a game/play/concert that he would enjoy.  You can put together a whole weekend planned for him including somewhere nice/fun to stay with activities that he likes to do!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • StageManager14, i think we were friends in a former life!My FI is a WoW person, and if I did boudoir photos dressed as the little person with big ears that he uses as a character, he would be more than excited!.. that give me an idea.. lolfishie, what about tickets to a star wars convention, or a box set of that or Indiana Jones movies and promise to watch them all with him. My FI would LOVE for me to play WoW with him, or go to BlizCon with him, to share in his interest.. but not as much as WoW themed boudoir pics..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • maybe get him a lighted glass display cabinet for all of his figs? that way they will be contained to one area & kept dust free.
  • I am going to get my FI a nice bottle of scotch.....the kind that is expensive enough that he would never buy it for himself.  I was thinking maybe a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label - but I am going to ask a friend of mine who is a big scotch drinker if she has any other better recommendations.  I think my goal is to tell him he should have a scotch on the rocks for our anniversary every year.  :)Sorry if this isn't what you're looking for.....but you didn't mention whether or not he drinks so I figured it was worth throwing out there.
  • If you feel funny about the boudoir photos, why not just wear the gold bikini as a little surprise on the wedding night or during your honey moon?  I'm sure he'd get a kick out of that.  I'm having a pair of custom boots made for my FI and engraving a little something in the heel so he'll leave little love footprints when he walks. Maybe you can find something he really likes to do and buy tickets or plan a trip for the two of you. Good Luck!  I don't have the first idea what to give to our parents or wedding party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards