Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Famous people observations

Or random comments go here.  Like these:Every time I hear about that girl who was kidnapped named Jaycee Dugard, i think they are talking about the Duggars (the family with 900 kids).  I think Dr. Oz's ears are getting pointier.  He looks more elf like the more i see him on tv. I saw Katie Holmes in Fanueil Hall last weekend and she looked awful.  I mean shes cute but she looked so tired and had sunken cheeks and droopy eyes (which didnt look bad when she weighed more).  Her kid is cute though.

Re: Famous people observations

• Options
    every famous person I've ever met is really short, I mean TINY it's like famous people have a little gene!
  • Options
    I like cake.
  • Options
    I have the short gene, but missed the famous gene, I guess.  Sad.  I should work on that.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I think Dr. Oz's ears are getting pointier. He looks more elf like the more i see him on tv.YES.  He creeps me out.  Also, he's orange.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    My dog is hypoglycemic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    every famous person I've ever met is really short, I mean TINY it's like famous people have a little gene! I totally agree. Jude Law? Is like 5'8". And Mila Kunis had really bad skin. At least she did 6 years ago.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I met Harry Connick Jr. about 12 years ago. He's got beautiful eyes and was very nice. He's dreamy.
  • Options
    I saw Cameron Diaz in NYC 2 years ago. I always thought she looked rough in photos. But she looked super pretty IRL, even in sweatpants and uggs.
  • Options
    Oh, and speaking of Jude Law, I saw him outside a theater like 3 months ago. I'll PIP!
  • Options
    I met Pat Green and he wasn't short at all. Loved his accent... Talked to Taylor Swift on the phone once (ex was a dj for a radio station). She was really sweet :)
  • Options
    Sorry if the pic is ginormous. This is FI standing conspicuously in front of Jude Law signing autographs. I got super starstruck and awkward but he was really really not hot. (Jude Law that is. FI is smokin). [IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/64i51z.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    [i]every famous person I've ever met is really short, I mean TINY it's like famous people have a little gene! [/i] Yes! Mark Wahlberg, broad but not that tall, I'd say around 5'8" or so. Jo-Bros? Skinny motherf*ckers. Like, really skinny.
  • Options
    I met Keegan Gerhard (emcee from all the Food Network Challenges) last weekend at Disney and he was SO nice.  And tall. 
  • Options
    carmen electra is the only person in the world shorter than me. holy crap. these 5'8 people sound big to me.
  • Options
    I met Richard Karn from Home Improvement. He was super nice, but also shorter than I had imagined. Like 5'7"-ish. He seemed really tired, though. I would be if I had to work with Tim Allen. My dad met Gary Busey outside a club on Sunset in Hollywood, and he said he's super crazy (this was back in the Point Break days). I believe him LOL
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I saw David Hasselhoff in Paris last year, he's really tall. This is his back, but I swear it's really him:[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2695032944_8fbe3e3449.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    I can't get into my photobucket now, but I have a really, really dark pic of Avril Lavigne and her (ex?) husband who were sitting next to us at a restaurant a year and a half ago. We were there for FI's birthday. It was a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the hotel where Pretty Woman takes place.My friends used to call me a celebrity magnet. Famous people would just show up when I was there. I once had a convo with Quentin Tarantino. I've seen two of the LOTR hobbits in real life. Best celeb I've seen in person? Johnny Depp.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    OMG, where is P2 when you need her.My mom saw Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson a few weeks ago buying bedding for their college kid at Bed Bath and Beyond.  She said he was very handsome and nice to the fans.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    every famous person I've ever met is really short, I mean TINY it's like famous people have a little gene! I posted that last week.  Ving Rhames was here over the weekend.  He is short.  I swear all actresses have to be 4'10 and 80lbs so actors like Ving Rhames can look tall and big.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Mehgank, you've been around here enough to know that your sig size is not appreciated.
  • Options
    The Hoff used to go to my gym in Santa Monica and he is quite tall.  I never really thought much of him, but he is very good looking IRL. Yep, most celebs are small.  And very, very skinny.  When I was in "the scene" in LA, it was always funny how much taller I was than the male celebs.
  • Options
    Damnit you marina! There were too many German's circling him for me to get a good pic, plus I was kind of drunk (now I realize he probably was too).
  • Options
    We met Ben Stiller on our honeymoon in Paris.  I never thought of Ben being tall, But I was suprised he was only my height.  He was very skinny also.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I saw Krist Novoselic (the bassist for Nirvana) on the street in Seattle when I was in college a million yrs ago - back when ppl knew what he looked like.  He was about a half block down the street and my friend and I ran to catch up to him, then we were across the street from him and realized 1) we had no idea what to do when we caught up with him and 2) it was lame to chase him down the street.  So we let him go unscathed.Also, the Duggars freak me out.  A lot.
  • Options
    jennifer aniston is tiny.like, super short and WAIF thin. she looks small on TV but i had no idea she would be THAT skinny.
  • Options
    lpstl, being kinda drunk is a valid excuse. Plusalso I wasn't actually there when my friend met him, so I really shouldn't brag about The Hoff. And I use the term "met" very loosely. "chased after him in hotel lobby" would be more accurate.
  • Options
    Lynda - I have seen Ben Stiller and yeah, he's like my height. Breckin Meyer is also TINY. Shorter than me.How was the honeymoon in Paris? I'm going there too, I think, but it will be one of those delayed honeymoons.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Well Paris was a stop over from Africa. I've been there a couple times and I like it there. DH had never been. We had a good time but only stayed 2 days. Basically we ate our way through Paris and did not do to many activites. DH is a chef. So he was way more interested in food than the Louve. Actually we have more pictures of food than anything else from Paris.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards