Wedding Etiquette Forum

WEDNESDAY WEDDING?

Okay so the day FI and I want our wedding is our dating anniversary. We really like the idea of having the wedding that day. And it just so happens that that day is on a wednesday!! Is this bad? Would you go to a wedding on a wednesday? Should we change the date? Uggh TIA

Re: WEDNESDAY WEDDING?

• No I wouldn't. Yes, you should.
  • Yes its bad, No I wouldnt go, Yes you should change it.
  • Obviously the only answer is to wait about 3 more years until your dating anniversary is on a Saturday.  Or 2 for a Friday!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Having your wedding on your dating anniversary is a bad reason to inconvenience your guests that much. If you're just going to JOP, go for it.
  • I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be annoyed by a Wednesday wedding. HUGE inconvenience. When you get married, you get your wedding anniversary. That will make any date special.
  • I would only go if I was close to the B or G and if it was local. Wednesday night would be really inconvenient for a lot of people.We tried to get married on our dating anniv, but that didn't work out. We picked another totally random date and now we'll celebrate (sorta) twice a year. Just pick another date (the date you met, the date he proposed, or any old date) and roll with it.
  • No.  Nobody will come and those that do will be annoyed.Besides, having your wedding on a different day means you get to celebrate on two separate days instead of just one.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yes, it is bad. It's inconvenient, and this is coming from the girl with the Friday morning wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • No I would not go. If you were planning to go to the JOP and just take your parents out to dinner afterwards then yes, Wednesday is fine, but if you want the full-blown reception with dinner, drinks, and dancing, do all of your guests a favor and pick a weekend. :)
  • I'd only attend if you were my sibling or my best friend. When you get married you'll have a new special date.  You don't need to do it on your dating anniversary.  Pick a different day.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So are you planning on just going to court, getting a license and then having a dinner that will end by like 8:30, no drinks, no party, no dancing with a few friends and family??Thats what a wedding on a wednesday should be like. Have to days of celebration every year! I dont know about you and your friends and family, but we're planning on partying and dancing and drinking all night!!
  • Bad idea.  I would only go to a very close family or friend, and even then I'd biitch about it.  If it's in a bigger city, you'll have to deal with rush hour (not fun), overtime schedules (not fun), leaving the party early to get up and go to work in the morning (not fun).Pick a Friday or Saturday; that will be your new anniversary.
  • I would, but I have a very flexible workplace. A lot of others don't, and you can expect a much smaller crowd if you do pick wednesday.
  • I just said "oh brother" out loud.
    Photobucket
  • Sure, you can have your wedding on a Wednesday.  If you don't want anyone to come.
  • Pick a different day. It's weird to have it on a wednesday unless you are just going to court. No one will get it and it doesn't matter.
  • i have to go against the popular vote. one of the best weddings i have seen was a coworker at a restaurant on a wednesday evening (about 2 months ago).  as long as it is 6 pm or later so its after the usual work hour, i really dont see the problem. just dont expect any out of town guests. if its a 20 person guest list and everyones in town, why would it make a difference?
  • To me, it seems really immature to keep your wedding on your dating anniversary- it's something a 16 year old bride would do, caring about an old anniversary that much to throw conventional party giving out the window.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a Wednesday morning wedding.  The ceremony was a dressed up JoP, the reception was a lunch at a nice restaurant.  The guest list was family and one close childhood friend of H.  The only thing anyone complained about was the time and even then it was only becuase of traffic, not the actual hour,  Everyone came and loved the fact that they had a good excuse for a day off of work. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unless you and FI are going to the JOP on a Wednesday, all by yourselves, don't do it.  The date means NOTHING to your guests, and they will all be annoyed that they have to take anywhere from 1 to 5 days off work to attend.  Or they will all RSVP 'No' (which is what I would do).  I have a friend who works odd hours - primarily weekends - and had no clue why people were out of sorts about her Thursday wedding.  Hello . . . most adults work Monday through Friday and don't want to take excessive time off.  Yes, you should change the date.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • if its a 20 person guest list and everyones in town, why would it make a difference? To me, the difference is no drinking myself stupid.  Unless it was immediate family or really really close friend, I wouldn't go.  If I did go for a close friend/family member, I'd be really sad that I couldn't celebrate the way everyone loves to at weddings since I'd have to go to bed early. I just tend to be a lot happier and more relaxed knowing I don't have to work the next day honestly. Like others have said, I think it depends on the type of wedding. If you want a low key affair, relatively small and local, not a huge problem but might inconvenience a few people with inflexible jobs. Big wedding with dancing and drinking isn't the best on a wednesday.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I also thought about having our wedding on our anniversary date. But that ended up being on a Sunday of a holiday weekend and we decided that would ruin a lot of plans for our guests. We moved our date and got married the weekened before. It's no biggie.
  • I would only go it evening in town and I was very very close to the couple So if say my sister I would attend
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards