Jewish Weddings

I hate my ketubah... any suggestions?

Ugh, so now that the wedding is over I really would love to hang our ketubah in the house.... but I hate it. I purchased a "blank" ketubah from MP Artworks which I love... the wording is beautiful, etc... but we had paid a company to custom design the artwork and hand paint around it... and I absolutely hate the work. It looks crappy and it arrived with under 2 weeks before our wedding so there was nothing we could do about it. After the wedding we contacted the company and DID get some money back and the designer even agreed that is wasn't very good. Well, that's great, but I'm still stuck with crappy work. 

So it's already signed and everything... do you think it would be bad to sort of cut it out and paste it on another ketubah or what? Can I get it somehow transfered onto a new one or something? Can anyone recommend anything? Do I have any options? Thoughts? Help! 

This is the ketubah currently:

Re: I hate my ketubah... any suggestions?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd start by talking to your rabbi.  There are procedures for replacing the ketubah signed at the wedding with a new one.  However, I'm not sure whether cutting and pasting the existing one is allowed.
  • reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about cutting a new mat to put over it so only the words show through? The mat could be decorative or not, and it could be matted and framed quite beautifully. The original would stay intact and you wouldn't have the ugly parts showing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_hate-ketubah-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:8d92bad6-d8e0-4abc-ba85-01598076653cPost:1af09b6b-95db-43d5-ab8b-e44081c6f8e1">Re: I hate my ketubah... any suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about cutting a new mat to put over it so only the words show through? The mat could be decorative or not, and it could be matted and framed quite beautifully. The original would stay intact and you wouldn't have the ugly parts showing.
    Posted by reebsreebs[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hmmm that's not a bad idea!! </div>

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_hate-ketubah-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:8d92bad6-d8e0-4abc-ba85-01598076653cPost:1af09b6b-95db-43d5-ab8b-e44081c6f8e1">Re: I hate my ketubah... any suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about cutting a new mat to put over it so only the words show through? The mat could be decorative or not, and it could be matted and framed quite beautifully. The original would stay intact and you wouldn't have the ugly parts showing.
    Posted by reebsreebs[/QUOTE]

This is brillant. Are you on Michael's email list? They send coupons for this kind of stuff all the time!
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_hate-ketubah-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:8d92bad6-d8e0-4abc-ba85-01598076653cPost:70a4c183-a457-47e8-9191-de11317e45ff">Re: I hate my ketubah... any suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hate my ketubah... any suggestions? : This is brillant. Are you on Michael's email list? They send coupons for this kind of stuff all the time!
    Posted by MrsMLRB[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nope, but I am now :).... thanks so much ladies! </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards