Maryland-Baltimore

silver swan bayside

I just had to step up and write a review about my wedding venue since so many people have taken to TheKnot to bash it.  I actually am in the food and beverage industry AND am an Events Coordinator for an extremely high volume property in Montgomery County and I can say with 100% that Silver Swan is one of the classiest, best, well-owned, ran and operated facilities I have ever dealt with!  Everyone from Amelia, to the former Chef, the Manager and most of all the new (and fabulous!!!) Chef Scott have been nothing short of a dream come to true for me and my family.  I am NOT an over-the-top, bride-y bride and I also have a new baby so planning my wedding is NOT my life and this place has made it so easy, friendly and wonderful,  From the first time I saw this place, it was like magic.. And then we had our tasting with Chef Scott.  The food at this place is LITERALLY the end all be all of wedding food.  I opted for the less formal option of a bunch of different stations instead of a sit down dinner.  Which I am so glad I chose because it gives the Chef to REALLY blow my guests out of the water with a TON of different options!  Amelia has worked with me so much in all the little, annoying details and I have NO doubt everything will go smoothly that day.  Honestly, bottom line:  this place is tops.  If you want totally laid back, classy and effortless style with food that is BEYOND, you want to book your wedding here.  Everyone that is saying otherwise is, in my opinion, WRONG!!

Re: silver swan bayside

• edited December 2011
    Werent you scolded only for advertising this company on another board?
    More than words.....
  • edited December 2011
    I too am getting married at the Silver Swan - this June - and I have nothing bad to say about it! The changing of things (like chef and gratuity) were a bit unnerving to begin with - but after talking to them, it worked out. Amelia has been wonderful to work with and I know my wedding day will be great. She has helped me with every step of planning, I can't wait for June!
    Cindy & Jeff June 11, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I just don't understand what is up with the Silver Swan Bayside?  First chef William is gone, now Chef Scott....and Ameila too.  All these changes are making me wonder if SSB really cares about their customers or has any idea how much more stressful this makes everything!!
  • edited December 2011
    What is happening?  I just replied to cdjusino's post on the MD board.  Does anyone have any details?  Has anyone met with them since this happened?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Just spoke to someone at the Silver Swan to confirm that Yes they did have Another management change. Both Scott and Amelia are no longer there. New COO, new Chef (Kevin), and new event coordinators. They stated they will be contacting all brides to arrange a meeting with the new personnel. I was assured that everything will work out fine!
  • JessirockzJessirockz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for the ppl who says this is a great place.. what are the prices range for it for 69-70 ppl?
  • edited December 2011
    There have been a few weddings at SS Bayside recently. Can anyone from the wedding parties provide feedback on how their weddings went with the new management team?  New Chef, new event coordinators?
  • I just wanted to say that I am getting married here in July. I had a friend who got married two weeks after the newest  staff took over and her wedding turned out beautifully for them having to take over a lot of things right in the middle of wedding season. Since I attended an open house, booked my wedding and all communications with the staff there I have been nothing but impressed. Joanne and Val are absolutely amazing. I have not met with the chef yet for my tasting, but I will be soon. They have been so accomodating and helpful thus far in teh process. From what I've been told, the new staff is there because Silver Swan wants to focus more on customizing weddings to each bride and I don't really see that being a problem. I think the staff is fantastic and the venue is nothing short of breathtaking, I would highly recommend it to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards