California-Orange County
Options

Floral recommendations - only bouquet and bout!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small florist in OC who will do a bouquet, a couple corsages and bouts?  Everyone I've talked to either wants a $1500+ minimum to even consider doing a wedding.  Help!

Re: Floral recommendations - only bouquet and bout!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sue with Golden Iris florist in Placentia. She works out of her home and does great work. I ordered a little more than you as I also needed petals for the aisle, two large arrangements, bridesmaids bouquets, and some other things. But all of that was only 650 dollars...and most of that was because I want calla lilies for my wedding next month and they are out of season so I had to pay more. And she only charges 30 dollars for delivery to Newport Beach and set up. Her phone number is 714-996-1429
  • Options
    pitpit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I will give her a call.  Does she have a website?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately she doesn't. But if you call her she is really helpful and fun to work with. My future mother in law has used her for years anytime she needed flowers for something.
  • Options
    pitpit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again!  Can't wait to see your wedding photos!All the best!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Twisted Twig in Santa Ana. I loved them! They didn't have a minimum and were very easy to work with. They do have a website (just google Twisted Twig Fine Florals) and you can contact them that way. I started off contacting them via their website and made all the arrangements with them via email since I was planning long distance. I can't say enough good things about them!
  • Options
    pitpit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  The flowers in your photo look beautiful!!  I'll have to contact them too.  It's nice to know that you can work with them over the internet as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are the pics from my wedding if you want to get a sense of what we had for flowers.http://picasaweb.google.com/alana.finley/Wedding?authkey=Gv1sRgCITz7YbhuOP3Ww#We primarily did bouquets, corsages, and bouts.  Our centerpieces were just a few hydrangeas in square vases (bought from Ikea) with tea leaves wrapped around so you didn't see the stems - I wanted something very basic and asked specifically for that.  For the bouquets etc. I just sent a few photos of things that I had liked, said that I liked hydrangeas, and sent them our general color scheme.  I was so impressed at what they came up with - it was perfect!
  • Options
    pitpit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for the info!I copied and pasted the link, but it said there were"no public albums" for the alana finley site.Probably an operator error on my part. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can check out the Wholesale Flower Place in Fountain Valley. Call them at 714-434-1072. I am doing only bouquets as well and she will do any custom bouquet you like. Be sure to make an appt. if you want to have a consultation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Petals by Xavi - ask for me... MichelleI will do your personals for you but we do charge tax and a 20% drop off or 10% if you pick up from our design studio in Santa Ana.I can sit with you and price everything out. Normally we have a 1500 minimum but we can do this for you.  Not a problem!Office number - 866.551.2199My number - 201.755.9069
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards