North Carolina
Options

shoes

My bridesmaids are wearing yellow dresses...problem is, I'm having trouble deciding on color of shoes.  The boys are wearing khaki tuxes, so I don't want the girls to wear black shoes.  (plus they'll look like bumble bees!)...but should I do silver, brown, gold, or yellow? I was trying to not do yellow, that way they could wear the shoes again....comments, suggesstions?
200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    white shoes, maybe?  Or strappy silver shoes?  Or just let them pick whatever they want? 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about bone or oyster?  Or some cool light colored snake skin, if you want to get really edgy?  Or maybe a light metallic--the bone or oyster would work in a metallic, I think.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about navy?  Or dito pp about brown.  Grey would be great, but it'd be difficult to find in shoes.  I'd probably ask them to get whatever navy shoes they'd be comfortable wearing.
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grey is a great idea and there are a lot of weddings showing grey and yellow together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_shoes-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:4d36994c-0a54-4dac-9a37-07024f010253Post:f9afd432-9301-4150-9373-95abf5389b35">Re: shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about navy?  Or dito pp about brown.  Grey would be great, but it'd be difficult to find in shoes.  I'd probably ask them to get whatever navy shoes they'd be comfortable wearing.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I like Navy shoes..I think they would look awesome with yellow dresses. If you have a hard time finding navy then I would suggest silver.
    Photobucket

• Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silver, navy or grey.
    Any would look good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love navy and yellow, but I don't know how that works in your color scheme.

I'm a huge fan of letting BM's pick their own stuff (as I have every intention of doing) but I think brown is good idea (more likely to wear again).  But a strappy silver shoe is always easy, and they may already have it if you let them pick their own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine are wearing ivory/cream shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  I chose the color yellow, and they each chose their own style of dress. So I kinda wanted the shoes to match...we'll keep looking :)
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd really advise against making them wear matching shoes.  Shoes are even more personal than dress styles.  I'd bet everyone has some pretty straightforward guidelines that they use when shoe shopping for themselves, and I'd be really surprised if your girls all had the same preferences. 

You can make it through the day smiling in an uncomfortable dress.  You can't make it through an hour in uncomfortable shoes. 
  • Options
    LizO2010LizO2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about nude peep toe shoes pr pumps...always classic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards