Military Brides

Help!

I need help with my wedding music, especially the father daughter songs..what did you use? thanks for the help..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help!

• edited December 2011
    I dunno what kind of music style you like, but I'm a country girl and here are some songs I would choose if I was having a dance with my father: Dancing with Cinderella- Steve Curtis (I love this one) You can find it on You Tube to test it out. Stealing Cinderella- Chuck Wicks (This one always sounds like it should follow the first one) I loved her first- Heartland Also if you google father daughter dance songs you can find lots of lists of suggestions. And if you don't like the traditional ones, find something that's special to you and your dad. Like I read about a wedding where the groom had the DJ play a video of him as a little boy singing You Are My Sunshine for the Mother Son dance.
  • hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am a bug country fan, so I fully support the suggestions from the PP. My dad and I will be dancing to Heartland - I Loved her First. I had a hard time finding a song sicne the traditional ones are not my taste. Good luck though!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.. yeah I notice most good wedding songs are country, but that doesn't bug me..
  • edited December 2011
    My mom is making me dance with her to I Loved Her First by Heartland. My "dad" is actually my step-dad and bio dad is out of the picture completely. That is one of those songs that makes us fall to pieces when we hear it, since its been us 2 from day one.
  • edited December 2011
    Dance with Cinderella is a good one My dad and I danced to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle (sp?) And we were both in tears by the end.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be dancing with my mom's first husband (my dad was her second husband) instead of my bio dad since he's been more of a dad to me throughout my life than my bio dad has. I chose "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright (I love the whole Wainwright family). It's the song that plays during the beginning of the end credits in the movie "Knocked Up". It so suits our relationship. He's kinda funky (he danced to "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder with my sister at her wedding), so I thought that would be kinda cool to dance together to that song.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • edited December 2011
    aww I really like the daughter song, it's cute now I'm torn between I loved her first by heartland and Daughter by Loudon Wainwright lll... I want to do a slow song, because I'm not much of a fast dancer, our whole wedding is going to be slow songs, my hubby doesn't like fast dancing..
  • edited December 2011
    To keep with the country suggestions from before, check out Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl".  It is from the film Flicka.  It's a good one!
  • ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am leaning towards "My Girl" by (I think) the Temptations... mostly because I can remember my dad singing it to me on my fourth birthday.
  • edited December 2011
    aww that's so cute! I hope everyone wedding planning is going good! so is everyone, having a dj, band, or just an ipod playing?
  • edited December 2011
    I have no clue what song yet either and I don't have much time it seems to figure it out.  If you like country, Trace Adkins "Then They Do" is a great song I have found and am considering for the dance with my Dad. ~Amanda
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be using I loved her first by Heartland. It's absolutely perfect for me and my dad. I love Stealing Cinderella also. As well as Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle.   My Little Girl by Tim McGraw is good too..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards