May 2011 Weddings

I need your help!

We have been to 2 weddings in the past 3 weeks.  We have 3 more scheduled before our wedding.  I'm a little panicked because I feel like there will be nothing really truly different about our wedding other than the fact that it's our wedding and not anyone else's.  The favors I liked - already doneThe colors - already chosenI need some ideas to make our wedding special - something different than the status quo.  And something we can afford. There is one other couple in our group who is also going to all these weddings with us.  And they are getting married 6 months before us.  So all the ideas I see, they get first grabs at.  Which is perfect for them, but sucks for me!  We are also having our reception in the same EXACT hall that they are, so I'm afraid it's going to be "their wedding, take 2".  I love them to death, don't get me wrong.  And I hope their wedding is amazing.  But I also want our wedding to be amazing too!  What do I do? Help!
~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
image image image
image image image
Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>

Re: I need your help!

• don't fret about all that stuff!  seriously 1 its not worth it 2 you don't want a wedding that is not you. Just choose what you enjoy and don't think about if its been done, because EVERYTHING you will do at your wedding has most likely been done.  And some bride somewhere has even worn your dress.  My suggestion is choose things that make you feel comfortable.  IF you are going to do table numbers make them with landmarks special to you and your FI.  and other little things like that.  and about the favors who really cares? if you want to do chocolate truffles and I had them at my last wedding I would still eat them. (and that is just one example)Talk to your DJ about your styles of music and the feel and flow of your wedding.  I think the DJ is a BIG part of the atmosphere at a wedding, so discuss that with him.  and relax.  your wedding will always be most special to you and your FI so make it something you will enjoy and your guests can enjoy as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I have been thinking about the best weddings I have attended. One wedding had several cultural details. Her mom's family is Japanese and from HI so she had 1000 paper cranes, leis, and al of her flowers were orchids. My FI is English and we are trying to tie in some English traditions. HE also really likes cheese and does not like cake, so we are getting a grooms cake that is made of cheese. [img]http://www.houseofcheese.co.uk/acatalog/CakeXmed.jpg[/img]
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • I love the cheese-cake idea!  :)  Greg travels to Switzerland a lot and so we are always eating different cheeses.  I'm going to run that idea by him. Keep the awesome ideas coming!  Thank you!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • We're going to have fruit instead of flowers on our cake of cheese to be served with the cheese. Make it personal. maybe something to do with travel to Switzerland.
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • I agree with everyone else - make it personal to your relationship. Where was your first date? Where did you meet? What's the one dessert/restaurant/animal/color/tv show that is all you? Its almost having to step outside yourself and looking at you both as a couple. What makes you tick? Makes you laugh? Then pick and choose some things that mean the most to you as a couple. I saw a wedding in a magazine where the couple loved to feed squirrels, so they did a squirrel logo on some of their paper (somehow it turned out to be tastefully done!). My FI and I are really into the show the Office. We may have our Save the Date say "YES! (that's what she she said)". Corny and slightly inappropriate, but its totally us! Let the creative juices flow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards