Not Engaged Yet
Options

What to do?

I have a HUGE problem. Okay, I have a few HUGE problems, lol. I will start with my biggest one: my boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year and a half (our 18 month anniversary is this weekend). We have talked about getting married for about the last 6 months but he hasn't bought the ring yet. I THINK he might be waiting until our 1.5 year anniversary to pop the question, but I'm not sure. We looked at rings together and he told me I could choose whatever one I wanted. I found this awesome ring that was exactly what I want. He said money didn't matter, he is going to put it on his credit card and pay it off anyways, but I kinda feel bad it's over $5,000. It IS the ring I'll lilterally be wearing for the rest of our lives, so that should count for something, right? I guess I am asking if I should push him to tell me if he bought it, see if he IS going to pop the question this weekend (I want to be sure I am wearing something totally awesome, we have plans to go out to dinner to celebrate but I want to look really hot) and I also want to see if anyone else has been through this? How do I find out if he's proposing without actually asking him? Everyone says we are perfect for eachother (I think so, too), but I know my parents think I am too young (I am a really mature 18 year old and he's 29, but age doesn't really matter when you love someone). We've been together forever already and I can't imagine my life without him. he has had a great job in a cell phone store (he won't ever lose this job, since everyone has a phone, right?) for the past year. I don't work, since I am going to school right now, but as soon as I graduate I will be working, too. I love him so much and I love his 2 kids, too. I can't wait to be a step-mom to them, especially since his 2 exes are C.R.A.Z.Y. (literally, I mean I don't get why they won't leave him alone, he pays child support and has the kids every weekend). Sorry this is so long, I guess I just wanted to know what to do here....should I pressure him or just wait? what do you suggest, ladies?

Re: What to do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, how I love Mondays that start out like this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if this isn't MUD i'm going to start drinking at my desk
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally ask him if he bought the ring.  Because waiting for a few days is really hard! Enjoy the rest of your teens as a step mom!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a few HUGE problemsya think?
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No way is this real.  Poll for everyone else.  If a 27 year old man was dating your 16 year old daughter, would you involve the police? Because I'd be seriously tempted.  Perverted!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh crap she signed off.  No fun.  Maybe she went to Hot Topic.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This reminded me though, over the weekend I passed a store that normally has a lighted sign that stays "Cards" but the lower corner of the "d" had a bulb out so it kind of looked like "Carts" and all I could think was, oh so there is where they come before they buy their horses.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started giggling like a fool and couldn't manage to get anyone in the car (all male) to find it funny.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prettynpink81prettynpink81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOWZA! This makes my head hurt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMFAO! No way this is seriously real. HAHAHAHA! OMG like u should totally run to him ASAP & demand that he tells u if he has the ring! Cuz obviously a 'mature' 18 year old is not capable of waiting a few days to find out. Seriously though if I was ur mom there is no way in hell I would be all rainbows & unicorns about this guy & i'm closer to ur age (21). Just by the age difference he sounds like such a pedifile. But u know, when you're in lala land with big red hearts floating everywhere with your initials + his, age doesn't matter. Be real.
  • Options
    luv_bugluv_bug member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you ladies are kinda hurtful. I don't know what "MUD?" is, can someone please tell me? I just joined a few days ago after I found this website, so i don't know the phrases you use yet. =( Sorry. He is a friend of my older brother's. That's how we met. My parents really do like him, they just don't want me to rush into anything. (they have always been really protective of me, since I'm the baby in the family) I don't go to Hot Topic...way too goth for my taste. I had to log off becasue I had to go to class, but thank you for assuming where I was. I just want to know so I can be a little bit prepared if he IS going to propose this weekend. I don't want to remember my day of becoming engaged every year as being less than perfect. I know it's supposed to be a surprise, but I just want to make sure it's perfect. You only get one proposal, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just go buy an outfit then.  And put it on a credit card.

My Blog

• Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to be sure I am wearing something totally awesome, we have plans to go out to dinner to celebrate but I want to look really hotYou almost had me until I read that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They're not protective b/c you're the baby they're protective b/c you're an airhead.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You shouldn't ask him anything.  Just bake engagement chicken.  It will do all the work for you.  1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)2 medium lemonsFresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)Kosher or sea saltGround black pepper Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes). Pat dry with paper towels. Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (inside and outside). Season with salt and pepper. Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Continue baking if necessary. Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving. Serve with juices.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pink you're right if this wasn't MUD she'd wanna look really hot all the time.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cooking is for poor people, didn't you know that pink?

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I missed the memo.  I'll suggest another two words: blow job.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But only do it in a totally awesome outfit!!!!111!!!!!!!!!111!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hire a personal chef to cook the engagment chicken for you and just put in on a credit card.how can he take you out this weekend if he's got his kids from 2 different crazies every weekend?
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell the truth luvbug, does he work in a cell phone store or a cell phone kiosk at the mall?  The answer will help me evaluate what purse you should buy for this weekend.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    roflcopters!People celebrate HALF-year anniversaries now? Man, I've missed out on so many fancy dinners, flowers, and gifts!Also it doesn't matter wtf you're wearing, I am sure there are plenty of ladies here who got engaged in their PJs. I was wearing a sundress because we were about to go shopping, and I ended up sitting on the floor of our living room laughing and crying very un-gracefully. It WAS perfect.This whole situation is wrong in so many ways. I love Mondays. Please, do come back again. I don't leave the office until 5pm.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    luv_bugluv_bug member
    edited December 2011
    Of COURSE I like looking good all the time, but if it's going to be a really special night I would like to look my absolute best. If he is going to propose I have a dress I want to wear. If he's not I have a different dress in mind, but the other one is much flashier. Maybe I will just wear it anyways and cross my fingers. =) I am NOT a patient person (if you can't tell) when it comes to surprises, so this is really hard for me. And would someone please tell me what "MUD" is? I googled it and I'm pretty sure you guys arent' talking about a fantasy game or the metropolitan utilities district. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No no, Pink.... the NEW thing is the engagement chicken CAKE. You're so behind. No wonder you didn't know cooking is for poor people. Get with the times, girlfriend!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Post a link or picture of the ring you want.  Maybe you could call the store you went to and ask if he bought it? Then you would know for sure if the outfit should be flashy or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure seems like a fantasy game to me LOLMUD = MADE UP DRAMAJeana I'm about to open up a bakery that specializes in chicken cakes.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana: I am obviously behind!Button: That is a fantastic idea.  You should pitch it to TLC and get a reality show. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    luv_bugluv_bug member
    edited December 2011
    I think you guys are just being mean now. It's not like you know us in person, so you really shouldn't be saying mean things about me since you don't know what I'm like. I know I didn't post a lot about me, but you are making me out to be a spoiled brat, which I'm not. He works in a cell phone store, by the way. It is a great job and he makes really good money doing it. And we have already asked his exes if it's okay for him to have his mother babysit his kids for a few hours on Saturday night so we can go out. we don't go out together very often, so it is going to be a nice treat for us. He is very responsible and thought about the kids first before he even asked me to go out that night. And I'm not going to put a dinner, etc on a credit card. We don't abuse our credit. The biggest reason he is going to put the ring on one is because it's a huge purchase and the credit card has a good interest rate, we don't just put things on credit cards because they are there. I can't remember any other questions, so I will have to look to respond.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!! We can call it Button: The Love Baker
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are making me out to be a spoiled bratNo, you're making yourself sound like a spoiled brat. Here's some advice: Never start out by telling everyone how mature you are, they'll just look for ways to prove you wrong. In your case it wasn't very hard, I know 15 year old who come across more mature than you've presented yourself here.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards