African American Weddings

Irene crashes many weddings - so sad

Taken from my month board.

My heart goes out to all the brides that have had to cancel or postpone their big day.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/29/pf/hurricane_impact_wedding/?iref=NS1
Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: Irene crashes many weddings - so sad

• MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You would think most vendors would understand and work with brides but its sad that theu try to keep your deposits. This just reinforces why I bought wedding insurance.

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That is so sad.  All the stress that goes into it to have to start again would be awful.  I would be at the courthouse.
  • SweetgnjSweetgnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard about a wedding that was cancelled and wondered how the venue/vendors would handle that.  Wedding insurance sounds like a good idea!  What does that cover?
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Here is an idea of what wedding insurance covers.

http://www.wedsafe.com/wedding-insurance/index.jsp

We didn't purchase but it is a good idea if you are in a hurricane area or really for anything unexpected like this that could come up. 

I didn't even think about it, I mean what's going to happen in Vegas, we're in the middle of the desert!
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we have "an act of God" clause in our contract with the venue but I better check. Especially since we are in Florida.  But good thing to remember.. Adding that to the "to do" items.

Feeling bad for those brides and OMG the amount of $$ they lost. 

Thanks for the info Carla!
    80 said yes image
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

The policy we purchased covers EVERYTHING if there is a hurricance or any other weather related disasters. If a vendor doesn't show up we need to hire a last minute vendor it will cover that and it also covers if my fiance or I change our minds and decide not to get married any more. We used wed safe and it was not too expensive...I figured with the amount of money we are spending if something happens I want it back lol

• TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a few on the August board that got their wedding cancelled. One of the girls said her rehearsal was her wedding because the venue was closing the next day, so she didn't have all her guest but she was still able to get married. 
  • SweetgnjSweetgnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visited the wedsafe website and it states on the faq page:

What happens if either the Bride or the Groom has a change of heart?The Event Cancellation / Postponement Plus Insurance Policy will NOT provide coverage in the event that either the bride or groom changes their mind and does not want to proceed with the wedding.Was that a separate clause on your policy MsAmeera?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards