Pennsylvania

Display Showers

Hi All,I am lookng for a company in the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area that will do display showers. I know I was at one a few months ago at the Woodlands, but I lost the card!Does anyone know of someone?Thanks!

Re: Display Showers

• edited December 2011
    Live with It in Peckville, Pa does display showers. You have to register with them for some gifts but they will set up all of the gifts your guests bring for the display. The have really cute stuff in the store to register for too. Thier website is www.livewithitbylorahobbs.com
  • edited December 2011
    what's a display shower?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I will check them out! A display shower is where all the gifts are set up in the room for everyone to look at and no unwrapping is required.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm confused.  I thought the point of a shower was to watch the bride to be open her gifts.  So what does one do at a display shower?  Do the guests have to come early to bring the gifts so they can be set up, or are they shipped earlier?  This just seems odd to me.
  • edited December 2011
    i am also confused. people show up with gifts and then they're just put on a table? do they come unwrapped? so it's for going green or whatever? so what is the point of the shower? to eat bad food?
  • edited December 2011
    People arrive on time and the company that is hired records the gifts and who they are from, then sets them up. I think rather than watching someone open the gifts they already asked for you get to spend more time with your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    do you let the guests know about it ahead of time? because if not, i would walk out very pissed off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards