Ohio-Toledo

Toledo Zoo

Hello,Has anyone looked at the zoo as a ceremony and/or reception site? I'm wondering if they have any hidden costs or anything similar. -EE
Anniversary

Re: Toledo Zoo

• edited December 2011
    We would have loved to get married there, but it was out of our price range. We didn't get to hidden costs because I looked at the per person price for food only and went "no way". And you have to have your reception there in order to get married there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are booked at the zoo for 7.3.10! We are having the ceremony in formal gardens and reception in Nairobi Pavillion. There are no hidden costs! You do have to book your reception with them in order to have the ceremony there. It's nice that they offer the indoor theatre as an alternate ceremony site so we already ahve a back-up plan in case of rain. We looked into it at first and then looked elsewhere because of the per person cost being out of our budget for food. It wasn't until a few months later that we realized the per person cost was for the reception location, cocktail hour, food, bar, linens, tables, set up and tear down, coordinators, cake cutting, and they even supply us with the ceremony and cocktail hour music so we don't have to worry about that! Plus they give you a golf cart for the bridal party and guests who would have difficulty walking the length of the zoo. (Plus...if you view the reception site for the Nairobi Pavillion...you notice that you get the area overlooking the African Safari for the cocktail hour as well. You're not just getting a reception hall...you get the whole "African Village"!!!!) The only "extras" you will find are things you may want above and beyond the basics. If you want more than one golf cart, you pay for that. If you want the train operating for guests...it's extra...etc. But you can have an amazing wedding there without any of the extras. My advice would be to really check out what you will end up paying for all the included items at the zoo if you go somewhere else and have to pay everything seperately. I was really surprised that it ended up being in our budget to go with the zoo! Good luck to you...hope you find something that works for you guys!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • SarahNTylerSarahNTyler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just like she said almost EVERYTHING you could think of is included.  My mom called for me because I refused to even call because I thought it would be so expensive...When my mom first told me the per person I was bummed because i thought it was so expensive, but once you know what is included it is definitely worth it to check it out.  My FI mom asked every question you could think of because she was surprised that everything was included in that per person price, but it is!  Colleen is amazing and really helpful...She gave me tons of new and different ideas for my wedding and reception and she is very willing to work with you. We booked the African Lodge for our reception and she even offered us center pieces that go with the theme of the lodge...I'm not to picky, but I thought they looked great.  When you think about it that will save you tons of money along with not having to get a limo because your ceremony and reception are at the same location.  The ceremony I think is 800, but everything the post said before me is included.  You can also rent the train, carosels and some of the animals for an hour, but that is extra.  We couldn't rent the train or animals because our reception is at the African Lodge, but we are renting the carosel(by the African Lodge) for an hour and it's only 150 (I thought it would be waaay more).  Sorry to write so much, but I'm really excited and think you should defintely check it out...Let me know what you think!
  • norah&nathannorah&nathan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are booked for just our reception at the Nairobi Pavillion on 6.5.10!!!! Ditto all of the previous posters, it was so easy because everything is included! It is so worth it like nyrek said, when you look at everything that is included, and definatly ask for Colleen, she is so accomodating , nice, and comfortable to work with.... Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I'll definitely look deeper into the zoo! -EE
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everything the other ladies have said.  I am getting married at the Toledo Zoo on 5/29/10.  I even thought about moving my reception to another location but once I added up the cost of decorations, liquor and everything else the Zoo was around the same price.  You get so much with the package it's unbelievable.  I actually went again last week to look at the reception hall one more time and I fell in love with it all over again.  The Zoo is so different from any other venue I've looked at.  It can be both elegant and classy but also relaxed.  I can not wait until my wedding.  And Collen is so helpful.  If you're considering it I say go with it.  I think your guests will have an amazing experience and you will be so satisfied.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards