Ohio-Toledo

Hotel Room Blocks

So we're looking into blocking off hotel rooms for our out of town guests. Should we get lowered room rates for more than one hotel to give them an option?Our wedding is out in Grand Rapids and so it's about 20 minutes away from the nearest hotel (which is in Perrysburg). But that's not very close to the airport, so I was thinking maybe we would have rooms blocked off at a hotel close to the venue and also at a hotel closer to the airport. What do you all think?

Re: Hotel Room Blocks

• edited December 2011
    I think people want to know the hotels that are closest to your reception. So block at that hotel for sure. The airport might be nice too, if you know that people will fly into Toledo and not drive in from Detroit.   I found that people got better deals than the blocked rates, and although we had people in almost 50 hotel rooms, only @10 used the block price. Everyone else got better rates from AARP, Expedia etc... Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will just give them a couple options and if they can save money booking on their own that's great.And congrats on your wedding :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Holiday Inn French Quarter and the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg have shuttle service.  They might charge to go to Nazareth Hall.
  • edited December 2011
    Really? I didn't even think hotels would do that if the reception weren't being held there!I will have to mention it when I speak to the hotels. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at Nazareth Hall and I booked a block of rooms at The Hilton Garden Inn.  They provide a shuttle service back and forth between Nazareth Hall.  I haven't confirmed a price with them yet though. They cannot book the shuttle service for you though until you have your timeline of events - at least that's what Betsy told me when I booked my rooms.  Another hotel to consider is Staybridge Stuites at Fallen Timbers.  They have really nice rooms and the rate is a little less expensive than the Hilton.  They do not offer a shuttle service though, that's the only down side to that.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    That is such good news, I was worried about transportation for our OOT guests. Starrie, my wedding is at Nazareth Hall too :-) Isn't it beautiful there? I love it! What's your date, if you don't mind me asking?
  • edited December 2011
    May 22, 2010 - what is your date?  Which room will you be in?  We're in Cadet West.  I know it limits us to 200 guests but I just love the room so much!  Laura
  • edited December 2011
    July 10, 2010, in Cadet West also! Kevin is just great, and every vendor that we've talked to has raved about how good they are with every detail.Yes I love the room too, and I also like that we get that entire entry area :-) I'm a little nervous about the tight fit, I've seen it set up for 140 and I'm not sure I'd want to put any more than that in there :-/ What do you think?
  • edited December 2011
    KEVIN BROWN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amhitchamhitch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Nazareth Hall and had rented a 16 passenger van for transportation for guests (our wedding was a cold snowy day in February).  It was much cheaper as far as what we looked at.  Good Luck!  Weddings out there are awesome not to mention how GREAT the staff is!
  • danaepolleydanaepolley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sauder Heritage Inn in Archbold, Ohio is a BEAUTIFUL Hotel! 

Not only is it a hotel but there is a GORGEOUS reception Hall on location right across the parking lot! 

www.sauderheritageinn.org - Check out the website!

They also give group rates when a group rents 10 or more rooms. They have SOO many different packages and rates. Be sure to call and ask about them! 
    419-445-6408

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards