Texas-San Antonio

Bachelorette Ideas!?

My MOH asked me to post here about what part of town is most fun for bachelorette parties in San Antonio.  What bars or clubs do you recommend?  I live in Houston and my MOH lives in Dallas so we're out of touch with San Antonio night life.  Any suggestions would be helpful!  It would especially be nice to find an area of town that has a whole bunch of places that we could walk to.  The only thing I can think of is the River Walk.  Have any of you had your b-parties on the River Walk?BTW, my bachelorette will be on a Thursday night.

Re: Bachelorette Ideas!?

• marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Howl at the Moon is pretty fun. I can't really think of any other places since it's been awhile since I've been to the Riverwalk. But if you are willing to travel elsewhere, there's always 6th St in Austin. Of course it's mostly a college crowd but you could go to the warehouse district which is more upscale.
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Howl at the moon is fun-it can be over crowded at times.  I like the Pat O'brien's piano bar-they have the same setup as Howl at the moon (I don't think you have to pay an entrance fee at Pat O's.  I also like Swig (downstairs from HATM) Vbar, Zinc and medusa's are fun.  If you want yummy lite food go to zinc (a bit pricey and more upscale).  For one of my friend's Bach Party we started at Hardbodies and all drove downtown and stayed down there.Have fun!
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot-it's been a while since I lived in SA, but Silo (Austin Hwy) is a good place to start for light meal and drinks.  The broadway area near 410 used to be fun-there are several bars there (Rebar-rockish bar, a salsa bar, Revolution room, the Hangar, and another bar that used to be my fav, but the owner sold to someone else-don't know the name.  Or there is the Quarry 20 Nine is an awesome restaurant and Stone works is a fun bar-I've never seen a Bach Party there-but I guess it depends on how wild you want to get.
  • novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the posts.  There are a lot of new restaurants and dancing/bars/wine bars/etc in the Stone Oak area too.  There is a nice restaurant/martini bar (Coco Chocolate lounge) in the area that is yummy.  Also, Swigs North is in the same area.
  • paith041paith041 member
    edited December 2011
    I just threw one this weekend and we went to Pat O's. I enjoy going there because there's something for everyone. There is sometimes live music, the piano bar, and usually 2 different DJs (not sure if there will be live music and all the DJs on a Thursday though). I'd give them a call and see what they have going on that night.
    | My Blog l image
  • paith041paith041 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh and just so you know Howl doesn't let in inflatables in case anyone gets you something like that. They're kind of weird about some of the bachelorette paraphernalia.
    | My Blog l image
  • edited December 2011
    My recommendation is downtown.  We went to the StoneOak area for my bachelorette party and I was not impressed.  Downtown you can barhop.  I Stoneoak area you will have to drive to get to other places.
  • ohannahbananaohannahbanana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always liked Club Rive. On Thursdays, well drinks are $2 and I think ladies get in free till either 9 or 10. They have a live band and a bar in the front, a dance floor with a dj in the back, then there's a lounge upstairs in the back, and another dance floor upstairs in the front. Depending on how busy it is, you girls might have fun at Coyote Ugly too... My night out will be a Tuesday... I think my girls and I will have to create our own crowd! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Downtown bars are kind of lame, overpriced, and touristy. I live downtown...so that's how I know.I would suggest partying down on St. Mary's street. There are several different types of bars/clubs/lounges(rock,hip hop,dance) and Hard Bodies (if you wanna go thaaat route. lol) Also..if you're into the wild and crazy and wanna see a drag show or have fun without dealing with loud,drunk frat type dudes you can visit some of the gay bars on N.Main. But if you're more for subdued stuff I would probably go downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards