Military Brides
Options

Deployment..

Has everybody had to deal with a deployment? did your fi/hubby come back different? Any ideas.. what is good thing to wear, when you go pick them up..??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Deployment..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really think Mike came back different last time, I mean no more than anyone naturally changes in a year. From my own observations I think the younger they are when they leave, the more they will have changed when they come back... but I think a lot of that has to do with 17/18 being a time when you change anyway and add a deployment to it and you'll get drastic results. It also depends heavily on their personality, what job they carry out and their personal experiences over there. For what to wear: Some of my friends like to buy new outfits for picking them up, but I wore his favorite pair of jeans and a t shirt he always says I look cute in. I also like to be comfortable when going to these kinds of things because sometimes what is supposed to happen at 15:00 doesn't really happen until 20:00 and so I want to be wearing something I will be comfortable in for a few hours, just in case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya I just hope it isn't weird, this is my first deployment.. ya I was thinking something comfortable, then something dressy to wear for dinner.. we are going on a mini vacation when he comes back..
  • Options
    MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my 3rd deployment, my FI was exactly the same when he came home from the first two.  However, he is older (24) and on a Naval submarine (not involved in combat so he wouldn't deal with post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.)Wear something that looks great and that you are comfortable in, a lot of the girls do like to buy a new dress, etc.  It's nice to show him that you made an effort because you are excited about him coming home.  I always surprise FI with some sexy new lingerie too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is our first deployment. When he gets home, it will have been just under 5 months since the last time we saw each other, and I can't wait!! I'm planning on wearing his favorite jeans and a cute tank top or t-shirt. I was originally thinking I'd wear a dress, but if he picks me up or I run up and wrap my legs around him and kiss him, I don't wanna worry about flashing my undies to the guys on his team and their wives LOL.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha ya I can't do that.. whole running thing.. I'm as tall as my hubby.. lol so we just would fall.. ya we will be gone for 8 months when he comes back.. it really sucks being alone since we only a 1 dog, and me.. :(
  • Options
    lef5000lef5000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting ready for my FI to come home from his second deployment in Dec. I like to wear something new that makes me feel beautiful. I absolutely go out and splurge on lingerie before he comes home. I sometimes even plan the outfit on what I would like to wear under it! Sometimes you can spend HOURS waiting for them to finally get there so bring snacks, mints and some spare deoderant. I spent 5 hours waiting last time and I'm pretty sure I had funky coffee breath.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww those are good ideas.. and stuff to keep me busy.. does everyone just stand around talking? or do people do their own thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards