Retro and Vintage Weddings

Mad Men-inspired wedding

I am trying to have a 60s/Mad Men theme to my wedding and I'm looking for some ideas.  I have a few, but I know there are some very creative people out there!  Help please!

Re: Mad Men-inspired wedding

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    welcome!  Your 60s wedding sounds so fun!  I think if you focus your decor on danish  modern, that will definitely grab that Mad Men feel.  You will definitely need sharp suits and get the guys to part their hair on the far side and slick it down.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFuE6LIB3M

And the ladies!  Are you going for a Joan or a Betty look?  What time of year is your wedding?  Have you chosen your dress yet--if so, what's it like?
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • My Fair Wedding just did a Mad Men episode. I just watched it OnDemand. I suggest Dolly Couture for dress ideas.
  • Hi!  I'm going for more of a Betty look...my dress is more of a ball gown with lots of tulle (no train).  I wish I could do stuff with the furniture but the venue won't let me.  So it's going to be in some of the smaller details.  I think that's why I'm struggling a little bit.I saw the My Fair Wedding episode but I only caught part of it.  That's kind of where I got the idea.
  • I'll bet you could find it online. Also I think the Madmen show has a whole part of its site devoted to the 1960s fashions. Think old-school drinks - manhatten, rob roy, etc., gloves, a streamlined look. Look forward to seeing your pics.
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards