Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

I just got my dress! Now how do I keep him from seeing it?

I just got my dress two weeks ago. And my husband to be is trying to sneek peaks whenever I go to show his family how it looks on me. I'm doing good about contaning my excitement and not show him. But him sneaking around while I show his mom and his sister is getting a little irritating. I know I should talk to him about it but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. It just means alot to me that he doesn't see me in it till I come walking down the isle. Little help for a person that's not very good with words?

Re: I just got my dress! Now how do I keep him from seeing it?

• Tell him that it really means a lot to you that he NOT see the dress until you're walking down the aisle. Tell him you would be very hurt if he were to sneak around and see it.If he can't respect that, he's kind of an a$s IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since we live together I keep mine in our office room closet, which we rarely get in. I have let him know that if he looks at it then he is dead! It is really important to me that he doesn't see it before the wedding. Also, I keep a blanket over it just in case he forgets it is in there and opens the closet (which I forget it is in there sometimes, lol)Just let him know how important it is to you (like the previous poster said). That is basically all you can do, unless you move it to another location like your mom or sister's house.
  • Mine is currently located in a garment bag under a sheet in the closet that FI and I share.He hasn't tried to look (to my knowledge). But I would just sit down w/your FI, and you don't even need to say anything elaborate, just explain to him that its important to you that he doesn't look, and you'd really like him to respect that.And also, if he CAN'T respect that, you might want to remind him that getting married is a huge step in life that requires a mutual respect on both parts for it to work right. So if he can't do this one little thing for you, that's clearly important, then you might want to tell him that he needs to really think about his priorities before he walks down the aisle (As in "Is satisfying my curiosity REALLY worth hurting millermama2010? Especially since I know I'm getting to see the dress if I wait long enough anyway?").Best of Luck!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • i kept mine at my sisters house but i had the bridal shop store it till 3 days before the wedding so i wouldnt run into this lol GL :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I kept my friend's in my closet because she lived with her FI, and she plans on doing the same for me. Sometimes bridal shops can hold them for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have mine in a bag at my moms house. We go there but he doesn't know where it is hidden in the house ha ha! I suggest taking it to a parent/grandparent/friends house. That way you know he won't see it!
  • I agree with the PPs.  If he really can't respect your wishes on this one thing, tell him exactly what they (you) said- AND move it to a family member or friend's house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards