South Asian Weddings

Finally - pics!!!

Here's a link, not sure if it will work: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2478168&id=602739859#/album.php?page=1&aid=110227&id=602739859 If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else. My cousin is a pro photographer in LA and came to NC to do our photos - she did a great job! \ Note the before and after pics of the mandap. :-)

Re: Finally - pics!!!

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it doesn't work for anyone, just take out the <br> Beautiful pictures!  I LOVE your cake and your bouquet! Looks like it was a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Meghana. The cake was actually designed to match our AMAZING invitations and programs. I wish I'd had my cousin take a photo of them. I'd 100% recommend my florist, baker, or invite/programs company to anyone, but the invite company's the one that folks on this board might actually be in a position to use. (I doubt there'll be too many more Hindu weddings in middle-of-nowhere NC.) Here's a pic of the invite. MUCH prettier in person - I think they took this with an iPhone: http://paperwhitespress.blogspot.com/2009/08/invitation-spotlight-hanna.html
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful photos!  You seriously look so happy and I can't believe you DIY'd your mandap.  It looks awesome.  I agree with Meg, your flowers and cake are just gorgeous and those invitations are fantastic, too.  Also, I really like your Western dress.  Very classy.  Congrats! P.S.  I am laughing at your "finally."  I got married almost 4 months ago and still haven't posted pro photos here.  I need to upload, stat.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats!!! I agree...you two look soooo happy! I love, love, love it. Oh, and your white dress was featured on "Say Yes to the Dress" recently!
  • edited December 2011
    I am a total sap-you and your hubs look great together-all i saw was happiness in everyones faces.  You look stunning in the sari.  I love how you carried the garland as your bouquet.  Beautiful!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Stunning! Looks like such a beautiful day. Your cake is AMAZING!
  • edited December 2011
    Y'all look gorgeous!  I love your wedding sari and wedding bouquet.  The wedding looks like everyone had a great time and the mandap looked beautiful in the breeze.  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody! Lil_miss_sha - Thanks for the mandap compliment. I assure you that the mandap looked like a total disaster by the time the wind was done with it, but it was pretty for at least a little while. NicoleKrish - That's funny about Say Yes to the Dress. I had no clue. I actually had that dress pretty heavily altered - added straps, removed beading and had the train permanently bustled - to wear with my mangalsutra. I hope whoever designed that SYTTD one doesn't come after me for infringing on their design. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    That's crazy! Did you see that episode? Maybe you would think they look nothing alike. To me it was practically identical, but only b/c I was so enthralled with it when I watched SYTTD a couple of days before I looked at your pics.
  • neha1683neha1683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    absolutely gorgeous!
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what a shame you guys didn't have any fun!  ;)  awww  sooo cute.  you look so completely happy and excited.  Love your ceremony sari!  And your mehendi came out beautifully!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards