July 2012 Weddings

Reception Venue Chairs

I was just Facebook stalking my wedding venue and it looks like they got new chairs for their reception rooms!  Thank god!  The original ones were really ugly and maroon, they have upgraded to white or ivory (can't tell for sure) banquet chairs according to some pictures of recent weddings there.  Well that or people paid to upgrade the chairs?  It was multiple different weddings though, so I kind of think I am right with the chair upgrading thing.  Maybe I can save some $$ and not have to pay extra to rent chair covers!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Photobucket

Re: Reception Venue Chairs

• Hopefully the venue did upgrade. You might want to call and ask to make sure before you get your hopes too high.

• In Response to Re:Reception Venue Chairs:[QUOTE]Hopefully the venue did upgrade. You might want to call and ask to make sure before you get your hopes too high. Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

Ditto
  • Hopefully for your sake the upgraded.

I can not get behind the idea of paying $5ish/per chair. That is crazy to me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_reception-venue-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:31fd9cd8-57e8-4ef3-a52b-ec66df6c1c2fPost:972dcc56-92a3-44d7-aeac-fc2e45bd718a">Re: Reception Venue Chairs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully for your sake the upgraded. <strong>I can not get behind the idea of paying $5ish/per chair. That is crazy to me.
    </strong>Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Unless your venue DOESN'T INCLUDE CHAIRS (like mine). Ugh. Another thing I dislike about my venue. There isn't even SEATING unless you pay for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ugh is right for chair rental & chair cover rental...ridic!!! Chairs not too bad...around where I am it is anywhere from $.50 to $3 a chair depending the type.
  • I would for sure call the venue if I were you.  Unfortunately, reception venues only advertise with pictures from the prettiest and most expensive weddings - and at the most expensive weddings, special chairs and chair covers are always used. 

My venue has HIDEOUS chairs. I want to use chair covers so badly, but like Meagan....$5/chair just to cover the darn things seems so ridiculous. 
  • Call them to make sure :) My venue's chairs were not ideal as well, so I am renting chairs. We were able to get them for $4pp but it still adds up! Why do so many wedding venues have ugly chairs?? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with calling to double check!

We have to rent our outdoor chairs (for the ceremony)...I forget how much they are, like $2 each or something silly. They are white folding chairs, but I'm kind of considering putting colored organza bows on them. I'm doing chair covers indoors since they have ugly forest green chairs...does not go with our colors AT ALL. I bought them though, it was cheaper than renting them!!
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_reception-venue-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:31fd9cd8-57e8-4ef3-a52b-ec66df6c1c2fPost:e397a8bc-1763-4fbe-aa97-b3f5d7edf2f9">Re: Reception Venue Chairs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with calling to double check! We have to rent our outdoor chairs (for the ceremony)...I forget how much they are, like $2 each or something silly. They are white folding chairs, but I'm kind of considering putting colored organza bows on them. I'm doing chair covers indoors since they have ugly forest green chairs...does not go with our colors AT ALL. I bought them though, it was cheaper than renting them!!
    Posted by owengirl996[/QUOTE]

Where did you buy your chair covers from?? I have located a rental company that rents chair covers (including any color sashes) for $3.25/chair and that is the cheapest I have found...but I would totally be open to buying them if it ended up being a little cheaper!

Chairs are such a pain......
  • We have to rent chairs, so we're doing gold chiavaris with white cushions. Around here, the best price I could get for them was $7.25 and that was after much haggling. They originally wanted $10.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_reception-venue-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:31fd9cd8-57e8-4ef3-a52b-ec66df6c1c2fPost:407ff1f0-d634-4c48-a4cd-792a88fccfc1">Re: Reception Venue Chairs</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have to rent chairs, so we're doing gold chiavaris with white cushions. Around here, the best price I could get for them was $7.25 and that was after much haggling. They originally wanted $10.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

(sigh) the chiavaris are so gorgeous....they are the Rolex of the rental chair world.
    The cheapest I have found them around here is like $8 and I don't think that includes pretty cushions! Chair renting is really just ridic in and of itself.
  • I can't even find a place to rent chairs for our ceremony.  At this time our guests are going to have to bring beach chairs or a blanket.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah I will definitley call them soon and ask.  I don't like to be totally crazy and only call them with one off the wall random question at time, so I write my questions down and call and ask a bunch at a time!  LOL  

We have to go there soon to finalized our menu and some other details too.  I am hoping the chair thing is ok and legit though because I really really don't want to pay anything extra.

Catering halls are smart w/ their ugly chairs!  Just means they will make more $$ off of people because they'll then have to rent chair covers from them too!  LOL
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards