Jewish Weddings
Options

need to find wedding venue south florida

We want to be married at the venue because i think it would be much easier most of guests are from out of town.We need to find a  wedding venue(everyhting is so expensive); the more i think about the wedding i am leaning more towards having  all kosher food I just don't know if we can afford it; I was just going to provide kosher meals for those guests that want it because most of our guests do not eat kosher. I found a kosher caterer for $100pp including an open bar X 4 hours...; he only does catering at 2 conservative shuls( which is great) near Ft Lauderdale,  we have about 80 people on our list at this time not including guests from our shul; I know if we have it out of town near my fi moms house many guests will not go because it is over 2 hours away. Does any one know of any good deals in the Ft Lauderdale area?

Re: need to find wedding venue south florida

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,I don't know if you have already posted this, so I apologize if this is redundant, but it may be cheaper if you use your venue's caterer for most meals and get kosher meals additionally for the kosher guests.  We got married and had the reception at our venue, kosher-style for most guests, and we provided the kosher meals for the kosher guests, which turned out to be more economical.I hope this helps,Dina
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i don't understand why you just don't do the wedding at one of the conservative shuls? Seems like that might work out best?
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with the pp. i live in miami, and all of the kosher catered weddings i've been to north of miami have been in synagogues in ft. lauderdale and boca. maybe you could call synagogues and find out if they have an in-house caterer or if they use a company? there has got to be dozens of kosher caterers in the north miami beach/aventura areas that i'm sure would drive a little north.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and maybe (since it seems like you are not from the s.fla area) it's worth speeking with a wedding planner to help you find the right vendors? or do a visit? there are a lot of companies that come up if you just google kosher caterers florida.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can get $100pp for kosher at a shul, why not do it, unless you (or your family) have a problem using a conservative shul. Before you decide on caterers and venues, be sure to sit down and speak with the rabbi who will be officiating your affair.  Even if not in attendance, some rabbis will have a problem if your reception isn't kosher.  Just something to keep in mind as you start your search. But as I see it, if there's not a problem using a conservative shul and the facilities are nice enough and will accommodate your numbers; based upon the fact that you are paying for your weddding, this seems the best option to go with.  GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a problem with a conservative shul, it sounds good to me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards