Ohio-Toledo

Stressed...please help budget bride!!!

Hello Ladies, I have been reading these post and they are so helpful...this is my first time posting... Me and fiance don't have a ton of money to spend on our wedding but we have a decent amount. We are thinking the Chapel at the Wollcott House in Maumee will be there ceremony location. Has anyone ever been to a wedding there or were actually married there? Also does anyone have any suggestions on a nice but affordable reception site? Our wedding was scheduled Aug. 7th 2010 but we will prob push it back to Oct. 9th 2010. I'm open to any suggestions... Thanks so much!!!

Re: Stressed...please help budget bride!!!

• edited December 2011
    One of the keys to budget weddings is finding a reception site which allows you to bring in your own food and drink. That way, if you find a caterer that's in your budget, you can use them or you can make all your own food. Also, you can hire a bartender and bring your own alcohol.The metroparks have indoor facilities which they rent out for weddings/receptions. They are't very big though, so it depends on your guest list. We were originally booked at Ward Pavilion in Wildwood but our guest list got way over 80 and I don't think you would want more than that in that bulding. The rental was about $750, including a metroparks membership. That included all tables, chairs, a really nice kitchen, and ice.Here's the metropark indoor facilities: http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/whattodo/index.asp?page_id=550Olander Park also has a lodge, it's cheaper and sounds bigger, but I didn't visit it: http://www.olanderpark.com/pages/hallshelterrentals.htmHope those links work!
  • edited December 2011
    This may be too far from the Wilcot House if you're going with that, but our reception was at the Josephy W. Dien Post on Centennial Road in Sylvania. It was $500 hall fee. If you use their catering the dinners go between $9-11 per person depending on what meat you want and such. I'm not sure if you can bring in your own. You use their bartenders and bring your own alcohol in. They only provide tables, chairs, plastic dinner plates and silverware. You have to decorate on your own. When I was looking around, this was one of the cheaper places. I had been there from other family receptions and knew what it looked like and how the food was.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!! I checked out Orelander Park and they are booked until Nov of 2010!!! I will check out the MetroParks and the Joseph Dien Post. Thanks so much for the help!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how far you want your guests to travel, but our reception was at St Clement's on Tremainsville near Alexis. After adding up all the costs, it was one of the most affordable places we found. There is also Conn-Weissenberger on Alexis, and any of the American Legion halls or Knights of Columbus. Most of them let you bring in your own caterer and alcohol. I've heard Graystone in Perrysburg is very affordable, but I don't know anyone who's been to a reception there. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Graystone in Perrysburg. That'd be 5-10 minutes from Wolcott. Theres a VFW or Eagles or something right down the road from Wolcott. Its I think on River Road, really close to the Ballroom dancing place. They moved into that building in the past year or so. You'd have to drive by it and see exactly who it is. Their prices were pretty good. Theres also St. George Orthodox in Rossford, they let you pick between 4 caterers, and Lakeview Banquet in Rossford.  Both of those places aren't too far out.  We took pro pics at Wolcott, but didn't actually get married there. Theres also a hall where River road and the trail meet, close to where the old Value City was. Parkway Place or something like that? That'd be really close too. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    There's also an Elks or Eagles lodge (I can't remember which one) on Wayne Street in Maumee. My cousin had her reception there. It was pretty nice, not sure of the price though. Worth a try to find out and it's right down the road from the Wollcott House.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using the Monclova Community Center. It's located on Monclova Rd. near Albon. It holds up to 150. The cost is 500 plus a 150 deposit. You would need to have your own catering. My aunt is doing my catering (she runs the banquet hall at Lido Lanes). She might be able to do your catering as well. I also have a friend's dad that has catered several weddings (and done a great job!) Let me know if you have any questions or want phone numbers.
  • edited December 2011
    I called the Eagles in Maumee in January of 2008. They told me they were selling the building and not holding any events there. Don't know if anything has changed since then...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    As you are planning your reception I found that there are hotels that have packages for what you are looking for and I found that having a "package" deal made things cheaper for us then hiring everything separate and it was less of a hassle... Just do your research and spend some time calling around. Make sure though you dont wait to long... we got engaged about 2 months ago and we are getting married November 6, 2010... the first thing I did was book the reception and found it hard to find a place that was available. Good luck

We ended up picking the Park Inn in downtown Toledo which was a bit more than we wanted to spend but so far everything seems to be worth it. I was at a friends wedding there and it was increduible and the event director seems great to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards