Flowers
Options

Color of Flowers, Help me please

We are having a simple wedding on the beach of Kauai. My dress is a brown and aqua tropical print. My groom is wearing brown shorts and a white on white wedding shirt. I want tropical flowers, I think at least, but am really struggling on what color to use ? Do I match, with blues and browns ? I am thinking a bouquet in shades of white, coral and light pink, am I on the right track here ?

Re: Color of Flowers, Help me please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think an all-white bouquet would look stunning with a brown and aqua dress, esp if FH's shirt is white... it would help the 2 of you coordinate.Ultimately you do whatever you want, but I would be afraid of pulling in too many colors, and I can't think of bouquets I've seen with brown in them... maybe a brown ribbon holding them together?
  • Options
    eas2730eas2730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like what you're thinking of with the coral and light pink. It may look a little busy in the pictures. Be careful of that.Chocolate cosmos are interesting.Good luck.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There aren't really any brown or aqua colored flowers. I think if you want simple, some plain white tropical flowers. Like Oriental or Asian lilies, callas, orchids, or hibiscus. If you want something simple, but more colorful/vibrant, maybe one main color, like fuscia/hot pink, orange, or coral. Or go monochromatic with various hues/shades of one color, like several shades of orange from pale peach to medium orange/coral, to vivid orange, to a deep burnt orange. If you want all out tropical, then I can't think of much better than hot pink and orange together. Maybe with a tiny bit of green, white, or purple thrown in. Or you could go more "botanical" with a mix of mostly exotic greenery/plants, with one or two showy tropical blooms. (When I think "botanical", I usually go with lots of greenery, and simple white blooms.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards