May 2011 Weddings

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello all my fellow May 2011 Brides!! My name is Kelli, and I am so happy that I found this board! I was begining to think that I was the only one planning for a wedding so far away! It's nice to know that I am not alone!Just some info about me: I am 27 years old, my fiance Chuck is 33, we have been together for for almost 4 years. We both live in Mahopac, NY. He proposed this past New Years Eve, right before the ball dropped. It was so amazing. We were at a party in a hotel, and he did it in the ballroom in front of a bunch of people. I was totally suprised! Our wedding date is, May 14th, 2011. We will be getting married at the Holiday Inn in Mount Kisco, NY (that's where he proposed), the ceremony and reception will both be held there. I have already gotten my gown, it's a beautiful simple ivory lace A-line gown. I love it! My bridesmaids dresses are a a satin pick up style gown in a latte (light brown, very spring like) color with a champagne sash around the waist.My wedding colors are latte, chamapagne, and I haven't figured out a "pop" color yet. I could definatly use some ideas! I am looking forward to talking with all of you throughout the wedding planning process!Kelli

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself

• Welcome Kelli! And you are definately not alone! My wedding is actually 2 weeks from yours! I look forward to seeing you on here and getting to know you! Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding's are on the same day! I can't wait to share ideas!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the welcoming! I am excited to get to chat with you ladies as the months go along!
  • Welcome Kelli!  I'm getting married May 28th, so only 2 weeks from you. I felt the same way when I found this group.   We're glad you found us! I can't wait to really get into the boards and start throwing ideas around with everyone.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    image image image
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • congrats and welcome!!!   I saw your post a few threads down to add to the blog.  just to let you know this is a super busy week ( to put it mildly) so check it next week or this weekend and if its not up page me (title a thread w/ my SN) and I will get it done!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Hi Kelli!  Welcome! You're not the only one that's planning this early, although you might get sick of hearing "oh that's far away!" (I am!) A website that has helped me visualize colors together is The Perfect Pallete on blogspot. They have latte and champagne color combos.
  • Hi! We have the same date too. I brought my dress last week. Its a ballgown with pearl beading over the bust and a full layered skirt in white with lace up back. Its so much fun planning. I dont care anymore if people say "thats so far away" i just say "wait until YOUR wedding" LOL
  • WOW! Steph...i just realized after looking at this that we have the same exact date....and our countdown says the exact same thing.... I think that's pretty weird! hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Kelli! I'm Jess. Congrats on your engagement. I just started officialy planning my wedding, so you are not alone in early planning. I look forward to chatting with you!
    Jessica & Patrick
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards