Missouri-Kansas City

(long) Vendor Rant: Mink Artistry

Hi ladies,  Just wanted to share my experience with a vendor; hope it is helpful to you.     We won a package with Mink Artistry at a bridal fair last year and were really excited.  They provide hair and makeup services, and come to the location where you get ready rather than you having to go to a salon, which I thought was nice.      I had a ton of problems getting the owner, Katie, to respond to any of the numerous emails and voicemails I left (I realize that sentence makes me sound like I was a bridezilla, but I was trying to confirm the start time so I could coordinate the photographer and schedule for the day).    She was very unresponsive and three weeks out from my wedding, she still had not returned my communications.  Only when I left her a voicemail asking if she could confirm with me or if I needed to find someone else did she return my call, saying she had been out-of-town.    I thought the time, date, and location had been confirmed, but when I called HER on the DAY OF MY WEDDING when the stylists were half an hour late, she said they were lost (she had given them the wrong address).  They finally showed up after 45 minutes.   She also said her assistant had been trying to call me, but I never showed any missed calls on my phone.   Not only that, but there were supposed to be 4 stylists, and only two showed up for the first two hours of prep.  When Katie and the other stylist finally did show up for the last hour, everything was rushed.  Yet, they still felt it necessary to gossip about other stylists and talk incessantly (again makes me sound bridezilla-y, but they would STOP doing the makeup or hair they were working on to talk).    We ended up being an hour late for the pre-wedding pictures.  I know most weddings run late, but that seemed ridiculous and totally preventable.    We had also asked repeatedly for a final invoice.  Katie told us she had emailed the invoice, but didn't bring a copy with her (strangely enough, I never saw an email from her with the invoice).   When she finally did email the invoice the week after the wedding, it was incorrect.  When my mom asked her to revise, she sent yet another incorrect invoice.  It took three tries for her to send a correct invoice.    I am normally not the type to write a long, rambling rant, but this was the only part of my wedding day that did not go smoothly, and I would hope that none of you have the same experience!   Wedding planning can be stressful enough, and no one needs the extra hassle of dealing with a vendor who obviously has no idea how to run a business. 

Re: (long) Vendor Rant: Mink Artistry

• arcampbellarcampbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing the rant!  I am trying to look for someone to do my hair for my July wedding.  I definately want to use someone reliable.  If you hear from any friends of people they were pleased with pass on the info.Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards