Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Calling all teachers!

Any and all teachers out there--have your schools been affected by the flu this week?  Mine has--over 100 kids out each day this week!  I feel awful for my kids--so many of them are miserable...It's getting crazy, and I think it's affecting me mentally (I've come home freaked out that I'm going to get sick!  It's a teacher's worst nightmare!!!)I saw from the poll we took that some of your FI/DHs are teachers--has it affected any of them yet? 

Re: Calling all teachers!

• Options
    Chrisy93Chrisy93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have definately seen an increase in sick kids. I feel the same way I analyze each sneeze and cough. I really don't want to get sick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my best friend teaches second grade and she had six kids go home with fevers today. she sent me a panicked text haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in MD... we haven't had a spike yet in our student absentee rates, but our staff is getting their butts kicked with sickness - it all *seems* to be flu symptoms, but I'm not sure any of us have actually felt poorly enough to venture to the doctor.  Everyone just seems to be taking a sick day or two, drugging up with lots of Tylenol & Mucinex, getting lots of fluids, and hacking our way through the day. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should add, though, that my mom teaches up that way, and when I spoke with her after school, she was coming down with what I'm just now getting over (her temp was 101), and she had sent four kids home with fevers this afternoon.
  • Options
    sisenwainlsisenwainl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 15 kids out on Monday among all of my classes alone.  It's crazy.  Another teacher and I are both sort of germophobes...I literally have been hand-sanitizing  or hand washing constantly (and that includes--you may laugh--rubbing the remainder of what I rubbed on my hands on my neck).  I had two kids come into school after throwing up in the morning because they had to play a soccer game that evening.  UGH.  Please, kiddos-o-my-class, stay home!!!!!!
  • Options
    sisenwainlsisenwainl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, one more thing...Even the kids themselves are freaked out--in one of my classes, they've given me permission to quarentine them to one section of the room...poor kids!  The ones who are diligently coming to school and trying to learn are becoming lepers of sorts!
  • Options
    caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    25% of the kids in the whole school are out. Some have been confirmed swine flu....a teacher was also confirmed. Hmmmm....so far I'm healthy...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent 5 out of 13 kids at the daycare I work at home yesterday with 103 degree fevers.  I'm crossing my fingers in hope that I don't get it!  I don't think I've ever washed my hands that many times in one day, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards