Missouri-St Louis

Flowers

I'm on a budget and am looking for reputable places to get our wedding day flowers from.  I'd like to stay under $500, as far under as possible, but $500 is the limit.  Anywhere around here that's cheaper, but good?  Also, are there any good sites to get flowers through for a cheaper price and we'll put them together night before, or day of?  If so, do you have directions at putting together bridal bouquets, and keeping them fresh and still pretty looking until the day of?

Re: Flowers

• shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on what kinds of flowers you want and what all pieces you need.  We went through bridesign.com  I found them on Proflowers because I didn't want to risk putting my own flowers together and screwing it up.  They were BEAUTIFUL!  The company has a double back up in case the flowers don't get there or aren't in the condition they need to be.  Let me tell you, those were the freshest roses I have ever seen in my life.  We got married on 10/10 and I still have flowers that look awesome.  HIGHLY recommend this company, and they have lots of different flowers and packages to fit alot of different situations.  Hope this helps!
  • Jesie85Jesie85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, I appreciate it...it definitely helps a lot.
  • jessika17jessika17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Chic Events By Angie.http://chiceventsbyangie.com/Home_Page.phpShe did my flowers and she did an awesome job. She is all about working with a budget and will build any package for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My sister used Walter Knoll Wholesale and we were so pleased with them that I just ordred my flowers through them last week. They are in the flower district downtown. For $560 we are getting my bouquet, my MOH bouquet, 6 bouteniers, flowers for 2 mothers and a grandmother as well as centerpieces for 15 tables. That price includes delivery and set up. It does not include vases because my reception site provides the vases.
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are a pretty laid-back person, then you can definitely do your own flowers. I got married on 10/10 and my mom, my bridesmaids, and I arranged all the flowers the day before. I ordered roses and mini callas through FreshRoses (2groses.com) and was very happy with how they turned out. Were they perfect? No, but I spent just over $400 for my bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 7 bouts, aisle decorations for the ceremony, and a guest book table arrangement. We did not have fresh flower CPs, and I did get 4 corsages at the last minute from Schnucks because we ran out of time. My main suggestion for you is to not be too anal about it, remember that flowers are pretty all by themselves, and this is not rocket science so don't stress yourself out about it. My BMs were too intimidated to help with a lot of it, so they did the ceremony flowers and my mom and I did the bouquets and bouts. We seriously watched a couple of videos on About.com of how to make bouquets & bouts and then got to work. Here's the links:http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid271521142?bctid=1711770819http://video.about.com/prom/Make-Your-Own-Boutonniere.htmOther than that, I did some research on the wholesale flower websites about prepping the flowers, bought some flower finishing spray for the bouquets called Aquafinish Clear, and kept the bouquets in water up until the ceremony. The bouts were kept in the fridge. I have some pics in my bios but I'm still working on them and waiting for more pics. You can also email me for more specific details. HTH!
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, our photog JUST blogged some photos of us, so you can see more pics of our flowers here:http://kellyparkphoto.blogspot.com/2009/10/jessica-and-john-married.html
  • jlszczucinskijlszczucinski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Walter Knoll Florist and found them to be very reasonable.  Also, if you are looking to save some money - I have a $250 gift card to Walter Knoll that I will sell you for less than face value ($200 or less, just make me an offer) - jlszczucinski@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards