Michigan-Lansing

MGLI2006

Hey fellow knottie! I saw on your last post that your wedding date is June 19, 2010. That is the same day of our reception! (We're getting married in Jamaica and having a formal reception upon our return) How is your wedding planning coming??

Re: MGLI2006

• edited December 2011
    oooh Jamaica! That'll be beautiful! Where is your reception when you return? Planning is.....going. lol. We just got engaged last week so we only have 8 months to plan. We have a ceremony and reception location. (YAY!) I've finally nailed down 2 or 3 photographers that are actually available on our date, now lets just hope we can afford them. lol. Why do pictures cost so much? That being said, photography is one of the most important things to me b/c they are the lasting memories of the day. Dress shopping more today, hope to find the one soon. How's your planning going? That must be really difficult not to be able to just drive up and see venues and flower shops, etc. Oh the stress of planning a wedding! Good luck! Thanks for contacting me! I'm still a newcomer here so it's nice to have someone reach out to me.
  • cutemary007cutemary007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww CONGRATS! That is exciting. The beginning is stressful...but I feel like its all downhill after you book the major things (dress, venue, caterer). It's a little stressful not seeing the wedding site first hand before, but I'm not worrying too much about it. I've been to Jamaica before, and even stayed at a Sandals resort so I know they have excellent service and accomdadations. And there will be less then 15 people there for our wedding. Maybe even less than that. So we're not going all out with the flowers, and reception there in Jamaica. It's really just going to be about us, on the beach, getting married and making our vows. That's how my FI wanted it. Then...we'll have the bigger production when we get back for the family. I agree about the photographer though. It's a special day and you want to have those memories forever. I'm really hoping that the photographers in Jamaica do a good job. Where are you trying on dresses?? I went to 4 different bridal shops in Lansing so I know how most of them operate. HAHA. I ended up buying my dress at Fantastic Finds. They were amazing!! Great customer service, and just overall wonderful atmosphere. I can't say the same about 1 or 2 others that I went to.
  • edited December 2011
    I've gone to FF, Wedding Bell, and Lett's. What is the 4th? The lady at FF was nice enough, but just didn't fit my personality. It was weird, it almost sounded like she had a strange accent intermittently. strange. Lett's was just horrible. Their people are just....horrible? lol. I did find a dress I really like there and 1 I really like at Wedding Bell too. There were only like 3 dresses in the style I'm looking for at FF, so I don't think we'll be going back there. However, I did originally really like a dress there. Wedding Bell is getting the Fall 2010 Pronovias collection in next week and I'm waiting to make my decision until after I try on a couple of those. I hope I find one soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards