California-Orange County

AW: Vendor Reviews!!

According to The Knot home page, I have been married for 17 days!! It was an AMAZING day, truly the wedding of my dreams, and I wanted to share with some of you some of the amazing vendors so that you might use them too!! This is long, but hopefully useful!Our catering was done by Blue Agave in Yorba Linda.  They were AMAZING.  We just did appetizers for our reception, but they were so delicious.  The set-up of the food was magnificent!  I got to see it before the ceremony started, and was just shocked at how amazing it looked!  I highly recommend them!  We had a friend who offered to do our centerpieces and bouquets if we got the flowers-I wanted REALLY simple (we did just three long stem callas for the centerpieces, three callas for bouquets, and callas for me-a little greenery, but nothing else)  We ended up getting our flowers from Costco.com.  Yes, Costco sells bulk flowers!! Annnnd...they were GORGEOUS!! We were so happy with them.  Annnnd...they were cheap!  We spent less than two hundred dollars for all of our flowers-and again, it was calla lillies, which are not usually very cheap!  Again, recommend Costco.com for bulk flowers if you are DIYing centerpieces and bouquets!We should be getting our Pro pics back this week, but judging from our engagement pictures, they are going to be amazing.  AND, our photographer was AWESOME the day of!! He and his girlfriend (who second shoots with him on most weddings) were amazing, it was great to have her be able to be with me during the dressing, and he was with the guys.  They had great ideas, but were also really low key and low maintenance, which was REALLY important to me.  His style is amazing, and his photos are all fantastic.  Check him out: TJ Taylor, www.tjtaylorphoto.comA friend from church designed our invites, which were amazing.  If you are looking for a really affordable, amazing young talent, contact Brandon Steele at bsteele3@roadrunner.com.  We did a small wedding cake from Beverly's Best in Brea.  It was exactly what we wanted, beautiful, simple, and really tasty.  This is what our wedding party ate-everyone else got Costco sheet cakes, which cost $18 and feed 48 people.  And taste amazing.  Ladies, this is TOTALLY the way to go!! It was so much more affordable than getting everything from the bakery, and Costco even scored the cake with frosting so that the people cutting and serving had it easy.  It was delicious, and everyone commented on how good our cake was (and it was our little secret!)I got my dress from Ferndales Bridal in Orange.  I would say that overall the experience there was great, but I did have a few problems once it got to fittings time-mostly just my dress not being ready when I got there for appointments that had been made for weeks.  BUT, all of the alterations were PERFECT (I am told this is why the dress was never ready-because the seamstress is a perfectionist and keeps working and working on it till it's perfect-not a bad thing!) and the dress was ready when we picked it up, which was the most important time for it to be ready.  Annnnd, it was the dress of my dreams.  Seriously didn't want to ever take it off, and dream of wearing it again.  Gorgeous.  Ok, I think that's it.  Best wishes to ALL of you on your upcoming weddings!! It's such a great day, I hope you can  all relax and enjoy it like I did!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket

Re: AW: Vendor Reviews!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards