Catholic Weddings

Seating your Priest at the Reception

Where did you guys sit him? We are not doing a head table, so should we sit him with us and our best man and maid of honor? Or, would it be best to sit him with family?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seating your Priest at the Reception

• dogluver315dogluver315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're sitting our priest at the bet man and groomsmen table. We know he'll have fun at that table.
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we potentially have four priests attending our reception. The one who is performing the ceremony I think I will sit with my immediate family. The other three are friends of mine - my priest from school, and two friends from school who are recently ordained, so I would sit them with my other friends from school since they already know each other. Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about it, priests are trained to be great at making friends fast!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The pastor of the church didn't attend the reception due to other commitments, he also really didn't know the bride & groom.The deacon who did the wedding vows was an uncle and he sat with his wife at FOB's table.The priest who was a guest of MOG we sat at the older adult single's table. The priest who was a guest of FOB we sat at the same table.  Just because he was a priest, didn't mean he couldn't enjoy the company and dancing.  The latter were GUESTS, not officiants although they were on the alter during the wedding as they should be.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    with my Godparents, bc my mom/dad table was filled.  otherwise he would have been with them.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He sat at our church friends table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was a different situation. He was the rector of DH's old dorm, so he knew most of DH's college friends (because they were in the same dorm). So he sat with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Our priest did tell us one thing: never sit the priest with the grand parents or at the old people's table. (unless they are the same age). Priests apparently complain about it all the time.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest did tell us one thing: never sit the priest with the grand parents or at the old people's table. (unless they are the same age). Priests apparently complain about it all the time.Ours said exactly the same thing! When he asked where he'd be sitting and I said, "at the church table, naturally", he breathed a big sigh of relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Out of 250 guests, our priest knew at least 100 of them if not more. I went to a small closeknit parish school for grade school. So we just sat him at one of the tables full of my mom's best friends, their husbands, and their children. He had a blast.
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we didnt do a head table either. we had planned to put the priest at my mom's table.  my mom sat with her siblings, and my in laws sat at a table with some of the children of my FIL's siblings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards