Military Brides
Options

Your Wedding..

Just wondering, is everyone having their parents pay for the wedding, your paying for it yourself, or helping out with the cost? We are paying for flowers, pictures, and pastor..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Your Wedding..

• Options
    hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very lucky to have my parents offer to pay for our wedding. We are having to pay very little, which I'm grateful for.
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are splitting it up. My mom is paying for the reception (including food, decorations, cake, alcohol, etc) and my dress His parents are paying for the photog, music, limos.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tendonheadtendonhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're trying to pay for it by ourselves. I'm saving mileage checks because I want us to pay for the majority of it. I'm sure our parents will help out a little but I want it to be our responsibility.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad is sending us money from his extra pay while being deployed to pay for the reception, my mom paid for my dress and accessories, and we are paying for all the rest.  It ended up being a pretty even three way split.  FIs parents are hosting the RD and FMIL insisted on paying for the FBIL's tux (we are paying for our attendants' dresses and tuxes).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya it's hard right now with the ecomony how it is!
  • Options
    BlackVonDBlackVonD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides a little thing here or there,  my FI and I are more than likely paying for the entire wedding ourselves. Wish us luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are paying for a large portion of it ourselves. My parents are going to help some, and we don't even expect his parents to show up (really long story). I have a feeling my grandparents and great-grandma will offer some help, but if not its me and FI.
  • Options
    MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's mom is hosting the rehearsal dinnerMy parents are paying for the ceremony, reception and one week at a Marriott resort for our honeymoonFI and I are paying for everything else - florist, DJ, photographer, hair and makeup, my dress, honeymoon plane tickets, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seeing who is going to pay for what, is starting to get stressful for me! I hate you ecomony!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're splitting it. my parents are paying for half and my FI's parents are paying for the other half and we're paying for the extras [i.e. my fiance gave me the money for my dress, veil and comb]
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents are helping. In fact they are paying for nearly everything. I work two jobs, and with one of my jobs, I am saving that entire paycheck to go to wedding stuff. I bought my dress, my STDS, veil, headpiece, etc. I'm hoping I can just keep saving and be able to write my parents a check when it's all said and done. His mom is going to handle the rehersal dinner...but she's been really struggling and can't help otherwise, which is fine.FI will have just finished his last semester of school, so we're not making enough for him to help either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards