Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

pollgle

Tell me about the first three pages that you see in the search list when you: 1) google your full name 2) google your FI/H's first name, follwed by 'and' and your first name (eg. 'mel and nick', in my case) 3) google your H's full name.

Re: pollgle

• Options
    Our names are so generic, this is going to be interesting/boring...
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah Jay has the most generic name it's laughable so this would suck. And nothing comes up with my full name :)
  • Options
    1) A facebook page for some German girl that seems to be deactivated, an article from a newspaper that quotes my PhD pilot study findings, a page from a site called 123people about a girl called Saskia which seems to share no relation to my name whatsoever.2) A site for a 'outerwear' company, the snippet and ink post for my wedding, our photographer's flikr page with our wedding photos on it (this is the whole reason I started this poll- I find it incredibly odd that two of the three links when googling 'mel and nick', very common names, actually relate to us).3) The newspaper article that quotes my findings (same as that which comes up when googling my name), a list of everyone with our surname from facebook, and H's linkedin profile.
  • Options
    Let me guess, you all have the surname smith, first name John? haha. I was surprised with how much actually related to us.
  • Options
    1. 2 work-related pages and a link to my Blurb wedding book2. A youtube video of 2 skinny teenagers boxing and a couple of FB links to people that have his first name as their first name, and my first name as their last name3. LinkedIn and Facebook pages and his grad student associationThanks for this. I've just discovered that there is a man out there with the same name as my married name (male spelling of my first name). Dangit, I thought I'd be the only one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    1. I have the same name as a famous architect, so its a Wikipedia page.2. Looks like the couple has a hippie looking artist colony.3.Internet saftey be damned...Holy Hell[URL]http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/07/06/david_fair_-_male_model_mondays.php[/URL]
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    1) random people with my same name. 2) a bunch of randomness.  Mostly people with my first name and his first name as their last name3) DH's magazine reviews and some lawyer in Long Island.  Which is funny because that is where he is from.   Oh and his dad's credit for a movie he did a long time ago.  But DH has no contact with him.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    1.  HAHA a science teacher who was arrested for sexually assaulting 4 boys.2.  Someone's photography blog.3.  Someone on MySpace music (that is not my husband)

• Options
    Actually Sun, you are correct :)
  • Options
    1) some girl's facebook page; some girl's blog; some girl's twitter account.  (I used to be number 1 when I was at my old job, but now I'm number 4)2) our wedding registry page (yikes); a university research website; our race results from a scavenger hunt we did in August3) his facebook page; his healthgrades.com page; his classmates.com page. 
  • Options
    haha sucrets, are you SURE that wasn't you? ;P
  • Options
    Sun, I'm willing to prove in a court my lack of knowledge in the field of science.

• Options
    1. facebook page & linkedln page & a 5k I ran in a couple years ago2. haha this was funny, 2 videos of ice skaters, who are def. not my FI & I3. 2 facebook pages & some article about a high school football player....none of the above are my FI
  • Options
    1: a linkedin page for someone who is not me, a facebook page for someone who is not me, and a 123people thing without me on it. Apparently there are more people than I thought with my name, one of whom is in the same state as me. I thought I was more unique :)2: Ha, 3 separate pages for someone named Bryan Tracey who apparently lives in Milwaukee. 3. A high school basketball profile for someone who is not him, and two facebook pages for people who are not him.  Kinda weird that none of them that came up actually were us.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    1) google your full nameMaiden: My facebook, linkedin, University directory listing, and I once won a book on a blog. Oh, and it thinks my name is spelled wrong.Married: twitter, facebook, linkedin pages, and my name backwards is a small river in central England 2) google your FI/H's first name, follwoed by 'and' and your first name (eg. 'mel and nick', in my case)A video with Sophia Bush and Heath Ledger, and a British photographer has DH's first name with my first as his last. Oh, and there's a ballad written about us. 3) google your H's full name. There's a fine artist with his name. His name is very generic, so that's the most interesting of the listings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Im just doing the first page1) someone elses amazon account, an astrophysics website, some people searching websites and a short story about skulls infested with maggots??2) something about contestants on the show Average Joe, some kids myspace page, quite a few photo galleries, and an amazon account.3) my husbands website (which is his name), profiles on art websites, two of his blogs, and two of the studios he is part of.
  • Options
    1) Our wedding registry, a review I wrote on our jeweller's website, an archery record I apparently still hold (surprising, it is from years ago). 2) all three are some random chick I've never heard of at a Halloween party last year! 3) His profile on linkedin, our wedding registry and some random other person at a school in Sao Paolo.
  • Options
    Your H's alterego sure has a way with words! ;P
  • Options
    Your H's alterego sure has a way with words! ;PI know, too bad I didn't meet him first. ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    1) our engagement announcements - from my parents' hometown newspaper, IL's hometown newspaper, and our college alumni newsletter. 2) one of the engagement announcements came up again, followed by someone on facebook with DH's name, and someone's blog who has the same name as DH. 3) haha - the first is a page of a patent owned by someone with DH's name. DH would LOVE to have a patent! Other pages are random facebook pages... DH has a really really common name!
  • Options
    1. Information about an opera singer2. Amazon book titled portrait of Jennie by a guy named Robert.3. his published papers
  • Options
    My name is so unusual that I don't get 3 pages of results. I basically just have some newspaper articles I rote in college.My FI's last name, oddly enough, is a version of a realy, really common verb, so none of the first 3 pages are about him, specifically.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't mean 'pages' in the sense of actual pages, but in the sense of links to pages. Apologies! I only looked at the first three page links. I should have been a little more clear!
  • Options
    1) google your full name; Some girls facebook page, another girls facebook page and a pharmacy training website  2) google your FI/H's first name, follwed by 'and' and your first name (eg. 'mel and nick', in my case) a photographers website, same photographers facebook page and a law firm with my first name and his as the last name 3) google your H's full name. Some guys facebook, a soonersports website, some ancestory websiteOur names are both common and I can rarely find myself in google
  • Options
    What the eff did I do?
  • Options
    Wow, you really broke it that time!
  • Options
    I didn't even do anything either besides bold the questions and unbold the answers
  • Options
    1) my etsy shop 2) a "peek you" site 3) a really old myspace profile that I had like 5 years ago... I should really just get rid of it!
  • Options
    1)  I get a lot of information about an actress.2) Heh, some proposal and wedding videos, a wedding website, a linked in page and someone's blog.3) For FI's full name, I get LinkedIn pages, Facebook pages (Hey cool, he lives in Detroit!), and other various online listings.  And a picture of some guy who is NOT my FI.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards