Registry and Gift Forum

B-pics

If you did them, what style were you going for? How did FI/DH react? Most of mine came out more cute than sexy I think, which wasn't exactly the goal. I know FI will like them, but I keep thinking that I should have gone a different way.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: B-pics

• I haven't done them since we can't afford to get them done. I have decided to instead let him take the pics he wants (which could be fun ^_~) and he'll get the book the night before the wedding.As long as your FI likes them, I think that is all that matters.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • I am new to the terminology.... what are B-pics?
  • Boudoir pictures. Generally suggestive (sensual) without being trashy or like playboy.
  • I was going for sexy, and I got what I wanted. DH absolutely loved them!
  • I went for more of a classy sexy look I would say. I would say we were going for Vanity Fair type looks. One setting was a white bed with a white backdrop. The other setting was a burgundy old fashioned couch with a black backdrop. Kind of a good/evil contrast I guess. I really wanted his input but I still wanted to keep part of it as a surprise. So I went and had the pictures taken secretly. Then when the proofs came in I showed him those. That way he could pick out the top pictures he liked (which of course were different than the ones I liked). He was way surprised and we had a fun time picking them out together. To keep costs cheaper we ordered 5x7s and put them in a little album rather than have a formal album  made by them.
  • I'm going to do it and I am going to go with a mix of cutesy and sexy pin up girl. I have a plan to bring one of his xbox controllers and a button up shirt and take a picture like that and I know he will love it.
  • I am doing two different styles: The first one is going to be Marie Antoinette (think the movie w/ Kirsten Dunst). Sexy but kinda dramatic, too. I have a big feathered hair piece, a lacy coreset, stockings and a masquerade type mask.The second is going to be white sheets, maybe one of his white button-up shirts, lacy boyshorts and his white fedora. I'm probably going to be taking them in Jan/Feb. I'm so excited, I know that FI will love them. He kinda dropped hints that he hoped I would do something like that. And luckily my photographer for the wedding is my really good friend. I don't know if I could do it if I was posing for some stranger behind the camera.I hope that they lean towards sexy over cute, but I think he'll like either one. I think its all about what you're wearing that makes the difference. Black lace= sexy. Boy shorts=cute. IMO anyways. Thats sort of a personal preference.
  • I did some about 3 years ago for the first time and went the cutesy-sexy route. My fiance (bf at the time) got them for christmas and loved them. About a year ago I went again (I know a really good photographer, so i get a decent price and I even worked for her) and did a more 50's mafia inspiration style. He loved those. I am going to shoot my own before our wedding (being a photographer I can) and just have a friend help. If you want to get some ideas just grab a white sheet spread it on your bed and then look online at some pics to go with. There are some easy poses you ca replicate and take yourself if you are needing budget friendly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did mine last month and was so nervous going into it, but the photographer was awesome and I became more and more comfortable as the time went on. I started the shoot with the cutsie pics and then did some sexy ones of course. I can't wait to see FI's reaction when I give him the book for his wedding gift. I had never even heard of these until the girls on my local board were raving about a photographer in the area who does an amazing job with B-pics. I would definitely suggest doing them, it was awesome to get all done up (hair and makeup was included with my session which I think is pretty standard) and do the outfit changes and just feel like a model for a day. Btw.. I love that your wedding is on Halloween! Congrats! You're sooo close! :0)
  • Thank you ladies! I already had them done and he's going to get them on the morning of the wedding. If you want to see a few (I would totally appreciate some reassurance), my photographer's website is elizabethcraigintimates.com, and I'm the one in the black corset.
  • beautiful corset and pics!  The one of you by the window with the light coming in is amazing! You look like you could be in a magazine! If your FI doesn't love them I think there is something wrong with him, no offense. I see what you mean about some of the other ones on the site being more revealing but I think yours are classic and in them you look comfortable and confident. They seem to suit you and it comes through in the look of the whole thing.
  • I agree with pp.. your corset pics are beautiful! Very tasteful and sexy at the same time. Your FI will love them! :0)
  • Your pics are beautiful!!  VERY tastefully done!  When I hired my photographer, he offered to do these for free for me, but I wasn't really sure how common this was. Your pics definitely inspired me to be brave because I'm generally very shy about revealing of self in front of others.  Although I guess it would make me more comfortable for when my photographer is around while I'm getting ready... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards