Missouri-St Louis
Options

10/17/09

Although it was cold, I am so grateful that it didn't rain on us.  Overall, each of my vendors were great and the wedding was awesome. This board really helped me with finding vendors for our big day. Hopefully these reviews will help some of you. If you have any questions, please let me know.  See reviews for each vendor below:Wedding Dress:  Melissa Sweet dress purchased from Maiden Voyage and had alterations done in house there as well.  Christine at Maiden Voyage was awesome. She even knocked a percentage of the dress off for me.Bridesmaid Dresses:  Purchased from Clarice's on Hampton. The staff was great, however, they suggested to a few bridesmaids that there should buy the extra length version of the dress (the dresses hit right below the knee). There was an extra charge for this, but since a few were 5'8 or taller, the really encouraged this. Unfortunately, once the extra length dresses came in, it turned out to be too long on two of the bridesmaids, which resulted in alterations for each of them.Tuxes:  We rented tuxes for everyone. One of the ushers received the wrong color vest and didn't realize it until the day of the wedding, but they were able to switch it before the ceremony.Cake: We went with Kreative Kakes. They are a lesser known bakery on Watson, but the cake tasted awesome and they are much more cost effective than some of the bigger names (The Cakery, McArthur's, etc.).Photographer:  Angela Brewer with Todd Studios.  Angela was so great and listened to our ideas.  I cannot recommend her enough.  She is easy to work with, laid back, creative, and very talented.  Although we haven't seen the wedding pics yet, we did our engagement session with her and loved how everything turned out.  She even came to our hotel early to get some shots of all of us getting ready (which was not included in the package).Ceremony:  St. Anthony of Padua.  Gorgeous church. Very long aisle.  No complaints.Reception:  The Franklin Room in Soulard.  I loved the fact that this room at hardwood floors. This room has a very Wes Andeson (Royal Tenebaums, Rushmore, etc) feel to it.  They are very strict on their timeline, everything is done in their order, however, the place is very cost effective and is a cool room.  Food was pretty good for your typical buffet style wedding food.  Although this did not affect any of our guests, if you look into this place, please keep in mind that since this is a historic building, there is no elevator for guests with disabilities.Photobooth:  Big props to TNT Photobooths.  They were professional and very patient with some of our, ahem, younger guests.  This was a huge hit at our reception.  There is an attendant at the photobooth at all times.  The best part is, any time the bride and groom come down for pics, they get to line cut everyone.Transportation:  Best Transportation.  We rented a 32-36 passenger bus so that everyone's dates could also be on the bus.  We had plenty of room for everyone.  One complaint here was that there was no bathroom, which we were under the impression there would be one. Hair, makeup, flowers, homemade apple butter favors (our colors were navy and apple green), invitations, save the dates and name cards (green apples with paper leaves telling which table number each guest was at) were all done were diy with the help of family members and friends.

Re: 10/17/09

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you dont mind me asking roughly how much was your cake how big stuff like that, we are about to order our cake probably this week. we are thinking about federhoffers bakery on gravois, but i want to look into this place but they dont have prices online.
  • Options
    dandy_lemondandy_lemon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake was four tiers (I don't know the dimensions of each size) and we had plenty of cake leftover after feeding around 225 people. You should definitely check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards