Missouri-Kansas City

Rehearsal dinner blues.......

Hey ladies!  I am having some trouble finding a place for my rehearsal dinner.  Well, every place that I've called is booked and that's the problem that I'm having.  Apparently June 4th is a popular date for rehearsal dinners.  Anyway, I was wondering if you ladies might have any advice on some places that I can check out.  I've already talked to Hereford house (in the location that would work for us), Jack Stack BBQ, Smokehouse BBQ, and the Cheesecake Factory.  I would appreciate any other ideas.The one stipulation that my FMIL has put on me is that it has to have a private room.  TIA!!Candice

Re: Rehearsal dinner blues.......

• edited December 2011
    This is what I am looking for right now! How many people are you going to have at your RD? What location are you looking for?  Zest, Jp Wine Bar, and Bacchnailia all have private rooms and are located in the Leawood area (this is the area I am looking for).  If you are looking for downtown there is Brios and Lydia's.  That is all I can think of right now. HTH!
  • Bburns03Bburns03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Johnny Carinos.  It was great--we had no problems, had a private room and everyone loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    Who knew June 4th was so popular! I've talked to all those places too:) Still looking, we need to stay on the Plaza since all of our out of town guests are staying there.
  • edited December 2011
    Buca di Beppo that is where we are having are ours and they are really nice...and it is a family style place so it is fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at a great restaurant in Brookside called Carmens.  It was great, and you can rent out the entire top floor!  I also called Lidia's in the Crossroads--they have a private room upstairs.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Californo's?  They have 3-4 rooms (and a deck!) they rent out for RD, so the odds are higher that they have space than a place with 1 room!BTW---I have heard fun things about a RD at Bucca Di Beppo.We are having ours at Jack Stack in Crossroads, but Californos was our second choice.  We went to a wedding reception there and the food was great and fun!
  • wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your ideas!!  I really did like Buca di Beppo!!  I've never been there, but I've now told FI that we have to go down there to eat sometime.  After talking with the FMIL we decided that the plaza was out b/c of parking issues.  We decided to go with J. Gilbert's in Overland Park.  YAY!!!  Another weight is lifted off my shoulders!!
  • axd3267axd3267 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! My brother and sister-in-law had there rehearsal dinner at Lidia's. They have a private room upstairs and it was lovely. The food was scrumptious! And before dinner everyone conregated outside on the patio that they closed for us. It was really lovely. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards