New York-Upstate
Options

Mary Kay for Make-up?

I got an email from a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant and she offered to do a free trial make-up for the entire BP. She said that if people by a product, their make-up on the day of the wedding will be free but if they don't want to buy a product they can have the make-up for the wedding for $50. I've never used mary kay products before. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this and what do you think? Sounds like a great deal to me!

Re: Mary Kay for Make-up?

• Options
    jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of this but very curious to see how it goes! It sounds like a great deal as long as she follows through.  I'd be scared she wouldn't show on the wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds reliable to me.  I have plenty of friends that are MaryKay reps and this seems typical.  However, if you haven't used MK products as a side note I used to be a die hard MK make-up only user, but it fades fast.  By the end of the day my eyeshadow would be completely gone.  I switched to MAC which is cheaper then people think, and at the end of the day it looks the same as when I applied it that morning.  I would be leery to use MK on my wedding day as my makeup would be gone in the reception pictures.  I know numerous people have this problem.  So maybe do a trial with her and buy an eyeshadow or something (they're only about $6) and wear it to see how it holds up before making a final decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having them do my makeup and my first trial run is Friday so I'll let you know how it goes but I would set up one for yourself and see if you like it...good luck!
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards