South Asian Weddings

online sari/lengha stores

A surprising number of non-Indian friends have asked where they can find Indian clothes to wear at our wedding.  Does anyone have any online stores that they like?  TIA!

Re: online sari/lengha stores

• edited December 2011
    I've purchased a lot of nice salwar kameez suits from Lady.Line_Lifestyle on eBay (http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LADYLINE-LIFESTYLE__W0QQ_armrsZ1) and have always been really happy with the design and quality.  My suggestion would be to give really specific instructions and detailed measurements.
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think some of the girls have used bargello.com and utsavsarees.com - I've been wondering about these sites too, because they have cute and inexpensive stuff, but I'm nervous about buying indian clothes online.  I think some of the girls here have had good experiences and there may be reviews on the SA bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard horrible things about bargello and some not so nice things about utsavsarees. I purchased a lehnga from DMI India and it was a disaster. It looked like a cheap lehnga I paid $20 for in an outdoor market and didn't even resemble the picture and of course they would not refund my money or even exchange it for a different one. I would be extremely cautious to buy expensive clothing online and be sure you really google the company for reviews first. Had I done that, I wouldn't be out $800 for a horrid lehnga. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your great suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    i should be receiving a few sarees from utsav soon - will let you know how they are
  • edited December 2011
    i received my first saree from utsav.  the color was different - they said violet and it is pink (looked lavendar in the photo) and the border was light blue in the photo, peacock blue in real life.  in some ways it looked nicer in real life.  the quality is fine, not the best, but fine for a bridesmaid saree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards