New York-New York City

Recommendations for a makeup artist who specializes in the Asian Bride

I'm looking for a makeup artist who is willing to come to Long Island and who specializes in makeup for an Asian bride. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Recommendations for a makeup artist who specializes in the Asian Bride

• edited December 2011
    also looking for make-up artist, but specializing in african american bride and yes out to long island also
  • deedritdeedrit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sachiko Yanase.  sachikoyanase@earthlink.net She's fabulous!
  • CinclairCinclair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.alainehanda.com/Welcome.htmlI had my trail with Alaine last week and she is super sweet and knows what she is doing.  She's Chinese and has lots of asian brides in her portfolio.  Not sure where she travels, but worth asking.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jenwik When is your wedding? I just booked an amazing makeup artist out of Chicago (where I am home based) who is known all over the US for Asian brides and makeup. She is going to be in NY for my wedding weekend and I am flying her in. I had my preview with her this past week and there was an Asian woman who had just had her preview with her and she was BEYOND gorgeous! She had the prettiest, sexiest smokey eyes! I am getting married in Sept 24 2010, (A Friday) and if your weekend is that weekend, I am sure you could use her. I am using my FF miles to fly her and her hair girl in. I would be willing to put her up until Saturday if you would like to use her on Saturday if that is your weekend. I know it may be a long shot but I thought I would throw out the idea. She is getting a LOT of press in Chicago and was just featured in Allure magazine. She is launching a national brand and I really enjoyed meeting her. I don't know anyone in NY since I am not there very often, but I am so excited about mine. I really liked her work and I liked her as a person. If that happens to be your wedding weekend (which I doubt) page me here and I will email you back. I travel a lot for work so I am usually sitting in an airport on the computer.
  • jenwikjenwik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your responses everyone!NYDIVABRIDE,Unfortunately, I am not getting married that weekend but I REALLY appreciate your offer. That was so generous and thoughtful. I am getting married Sunday, August 1st of next year.Would you be able to send me/post your makeup artist's contact information and/or website?Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Sissi Chan. sissichan.com She's great and I'm pretty sure she'll travel to Long Island.
  • pequenalulu80pequenalulu80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Makeup by Mia (Bridal Lounge). She did my friends makeup and hair and I'm using her as well. She has done all types of makeup! She really is awesome!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • jenwikjenwik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and recommendations! I really appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    jenwik,my friend had recommend me Grace Lin, she's based in LA but I think she does travel out of state.  I will probably be using her for my wedding in Jan 2010 since I really like her style.  Very natural looking.  She worked at one of the bridal salons in Taipei, Taiwan as a stylist and has recently moved back to US (Los Angeles).You can see her website at http://gracelinmakeup.com/ (lots of amazing before and after transformation and pictures of her work as a Bridal stylist).if you are on Face book, search for "Grace Lin's Make up and Hair" and you'll see her group (she's got 350+ ppl following her on FB!)good luck with your search...I'll bookmark this thread so perhaps I can do a review after my wedding in Jan 2010 :)
  • edited December 2011
    /cs/ks/user/default.aspx?UserName=NYDIVABRIDE','_blank','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,copyhistory=0,width=990,height=700,scrollbars=1,resizable=1' )">NYDIVABRIDE,I'm actually a NYorker that will be getting married in Illinois next year. I've been looking for a makeup and hair stylist that understands Asian hair and skin. Could you share your stylist's contact info and portfolio?Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards