December 2009 Weddings

Reception Deco Ideas?

So, I went to Joanne Fabric, Christmas Tree Shops, and ACMoore today to get some decorating ideas for my December 19 snow-themed wedding. Here's what I think I am going to do:plain white tablecloths for the guests, white table cloth with shimmery white tulle bunched up like snow drifts around the pedestals on the food table (some food is going to be on trays/bowls on the table, others on boxes covered with white fabric, that way I have levels)glass hurricane vases with snowflakes on them, filled with some iridescent stones at the bottom and snowy/glittery branches and white poinsettiasthe reception place comes with an arch, I am thinking of decorating it with white twinkle lights and garlands of glittery snowflakesWhat do you think? Ideas? I am avoiding traditional green and red christmas colors and focusing on glittery white and silver and snowflakes since that is the theme. Any input is welcome (and btw there is no Michael's near us haha)

Re: Reception Deco Ideas?

• I think your centerpiece idea sounds beautiful.The only thing I'm not sure about is your ideas on the arch--it sounds like it could look a little amateur? I guess I would need to see it to really say. Are you having a florist? Would you consider having him/her decorate the arch with some greenery? You could make put lights on it and then have the florist do the greenery day of and it would just sort of twinkle but also look professional.
  • Well the arch provided is white with white fabric flowers on it. We are not having ANYTHING green at all (even my bouquet is being wrapped in white material) and we do not have a florist (WICKED budget bride here) In fact, my bouquet and FI's bouttoniere are being donated by a local florist :) I love our community :) The whole wedding theme is just all glitter and sparkle and snow and white
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards