Jewish Weddings

Venues in South Florida?

Hi, all!

I am looking for suggestions for venues for our ceremony and reception in south Florida.  We would prefer Miami but we are flexible.  We need a venue with a kosher facilities or a venue that accomodates kosher caterers.

I am amazed that there are so few kosher venues in the Miami area!  We are considering the Eden Roc, The Alexander, and Turnberry Isle but would like to explore other options.  Our alternative is our synagogue with a kosher caterer.  It is so expensive at most places to bring in an outside caterer!

Thanks so much for any suggestions!  L'shana tova, everyone!

Re: Venues in South Florida?

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried posting this post on your local board?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married in So Fla too and am having a kosher caterer. Just to clarify-are you looking for kosher style with a few kosher meals or completely kosher? We are doing completely kosher (but not glatt) and in addition to those you mentioned we found that the Miami Beach Resort and Spa, Trump Resort and Newbort Beach Resort and Spa either had kosher menus or allowed outside kosher caterers. I didn't look into it, but my mom said the Fountainblue Hotel used to have a kosher kitchen when she was growing up. I am also looking at venues in Fort lauderdale and the Westin Resort and Spa and the B hotel allow outside kosher caterers as well. The Westin Diplomat on Hollywood beach might too. Hope this helps! My head is still spinning from all the venues we looked at trying to figure this out! Feel free to message me if you have questions. 
  • misabimisabi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Normally you book the venue before you book the caterer, but under these circumstances it might be better to decide on your kosher caterer first, then ask them where they have catered before. It's a lot easier than trying to narrow down kosher-friendly venues out of all the South Florida vendors.

• LindsayG217LindsayG217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at the Miami Beach Resort and Spa.  It was an orthadox wedding. The food was amazing, the venue was great and everything was beautiful.  I live in Boca so I'm sure there are Kosher places up here too. I'm gettnig married in Michigan in November
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards