Florida-Central Florida

when should i get my eyebrows waxed?

So, I'm a little overdue to have my eyebrows waxed. However, my wedding is three weeks away.  Should I get them waxed now and then again in two weeks or should I just wait two weeks and get them waxed? The first time I got them waxed was like a "trial" that went horribly wrong.  They burned my skin very badly and it was red and peeling for a week.  I don't want that to happen again and I'm going somewhere else this time  so I thought about doing it now as another "trial".  But I also want them to appear fresh and not a little overgrown and I don't know that they would even have much to wax the second time after only growing for two weeks.  What do you think?  Now and again in two weeks or just wait two weeks? 

Re: when should i get my eyebrows waxed?

• edited December 2011
    Do it now & I would pluck them to keep them neat. I am an oddball though & although I normally have very clear skin I break out HORRIBLY for about 2 weeks after I get my eyebrows waxed. Definitely do it now to try it again & make sure something similar doesn't happen to you since the first time went badly. 
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd maybe go inbetween if you're not sure. Wait about one more week, then just pluck them to keep them nice. That way if anything goes wrong again your skin has time to heal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I say do it now and a week before you get married. If you're worried about your skin flaking and peeling ( which was from the wax being too hot ), i'd say try threading. They use a string to remove each hair and gives a really nice line.

If you still want to wax, let the person know of your situation last time and that you are getting married in a few weeks. They can also put on a light coating of baby powder which will make the wax grab the hair and not so much of your skin.

HTH.
    I don't mind growing old, as long as I'm growing old with you. (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our Wedding Website
  • edited December 2011
    IShearxhappiness:  always wondered what the baby powder exactly did!
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go now and then a week before the wedding .

I would try threading like shear said . I have a few friends who swear by it .
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I usually get my eyebrows waxed about every month and I only had problems with redness and peeling once (after many times). The fact that it happened to you the first time makes me think you should do it now. You may be more sensitive to waxing and you will need time to heal. You can pluck until the wedding and you will look fine in three weeks. I never heard about threading but you should probably talk to the salon about that. It sounds like a good alternative for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should totally try sugar waxing. I have uber sensitive skin that stays red for days and I also break out on my face from it. Sugar wax is the only wax that I haven't had any issues with at all. It is also the ONLY wax that they can reapply over an area that has already been waxed so no baby powder is needed.
    I would get them waxed now just in case you have any adverse reaction to it. Then if you need to get a touch up you can go back a few days before the wedding.
    The only place I have found that has sugar wax is Shala Salon in Dr. Phillips. Ask for Cinid and let her know Erica sent you. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    does sugaring not hurt as much?
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd get them waxed now and then go back in for a touch up with tweezers and no wax the week before.
  • edited December 2011
    DON'T!!! Waxing is too risky right before the wedding.  Make an appointment to get them tweezed by a professional and you can do that 3 days before the wedding so they look amazing for the rehersal and for the wedding.

If you can't find a salon, I specialize in brow shaping so feel free to contact me

Kara@FabulousFacesStudio.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards