Iowa-Des Moines
Options

honeymoon

So, we've been bad and haven't booked our honeymoon ... we know where we want to go just not sure how we want to book it?  Travel agent or online site?  Anyone have good experience with both or find any deals?  I've looked at Bookit.com but no where else.  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated :) TIA!

Re: honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We never go through travel agents or anything.  We like to pick up a couple of travel guides for the place we're going (Lonely Planet and Fodor's tend to be our top picks), book airlines/rental cars/whatever online, and come up with a general idea of a schedule based on reviews on sites like Yahoo! travel.  Then once you get there you can play it by ear what you want to do each day - talk to hotel staff, locals, and other travelers and find out what's cool around the area.  It's not everyone's perfect style of travel, but we love traveling that way!  For airline ticket price comparisons, check out TravelZoo's SuperSearch, where you put in your To/From locations and date, and they make it easy to click through tons of different sites to check prices.  Just beware of Cheapo Airfare (something like that) and I think Kayak, because they often don't include taxes and fees in the listed prices so they look a lot lower on the surface, but often are more expensive.  Good luck!  (sorry for the novel!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I book online...my fav search engine is kayak.com really just check a couple search engines if you know when and where you want to go...airfarewatchdog.com is good if you know your departing or arriving airport only....sign up for travel e-newsletters or have the search engines (kayak.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, etc.) notify you when the price drops below a certain price...the biggest key is knowing what the price generally runs to really spot a deal...wed and sat are said to be the best days of the week to purchase...if you can fly on tues & wed it is usually cheaper...best place to read reviews of hotels is tripadvisor.com....always check if booking a package or the flight n hotel separate are cheaper..................hmm i think thats a full range of advice...guidebooks are your friend but you can find a lot of info from the main book companies online too........... Can you tell I love travel? And as my hubby would say I am the googlemaster....haha....my persistence snagged us roundtrip des moines to madrid spain for $527 (for both of us with taxes!!!!!!) Good luck! -Alicia
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Michaela (used to be a knottie) with Creative Vacations and she was beyond ultimate!!  Email: michaela at creativevacations dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards