California-Inland Empire
Options

I Need Some Recommendations from IE Brides...

Hey IE Gals! I'm looking for a Photographer in the area that is good, and reasonably inexpensive... I've been shopping around and haven't found one less than $1500.. is this what you paid? Is this about what is standard? I have NO idea about stuff in the area... THANKS!!

Re: I Need Some Recommendations from IE Brides...

• Options
    hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems about right. All the ones I looked at were around that price and the one we booked is $2200 for both photography and videography
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at one called Julie Wilson Photography.  I can't say for her work but I think we were quoted about a $1000.00. She's up in Big Bear I think. It's a husband and wife team. They were nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My pics would have been $850. I found them and many other photog's on Craigslist. I would give you the info but I umm kind of cursed out the owner lol.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going with a friend she is charging me next to nothing because she is just starting out, however I found this other lady in corona, he photos are beautiful her name is Kristen Mary Potts, her website is www.kmphotography.com I believe, I want to say her pricing starts aroudn $700 or so and she is great. I have lots of friends who have used her for things like family photos and stuff. She has ALOT of experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for all of your help! I've been in contact with some other photog and I'm finding a few that are cheaper and more in my budget. Thanks for the recommendation about KMPhotography!! Her stuff was great and I can't wait to hear back from her!!
  • Options
    SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer was one of the most important things to me. I moved and lowered my budget on other items so I could afford a more expensive photographer. I paid $3,000 for my photographer and do not regret it at all. I felt as though if I was going to go with the cheapest I wasnt going to get the quality I personally wanted or was looking for. You want your pictures to last a lifetime and you want all the happy memories to be caught in the pictures. Everyone planning a wedding has ideas in their head of what is important to them. Maybe you can lower your budget on your dress or flowers or favors to help you out if you wanted. I only paid $300 for my dress since it was on sale. After alterations and all the other crap that I needed to buy for it it totalled more but the dress itself was cheap :)
  • Options
    est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Sandra's right, photography is very important. We wanted good photos too, but we had such a tight budget we had no other choice. We had to find the lowest we could. We already were going so low on everything else and were still over budget. Just make sure you really like the photog and are comfortable with them and their work. I had a SIL pay $5k for her pics and I personally thought they weren't even that good. And it took her a year to get her photos. Just do your homework and don't rush to sign anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards