New Jersey - South

vendor reviews

Hi ladies, I don't post here too much, but I was married 10/17 and finished up some vendor reviews. Even just lurking sometimes, all your reviews helped me so much that I figured I should share my own. Here they are:[url]http://schnooders.weebly.com/vendor-reviews.html[/url]Feel free to email me at gregnamy101709 at gmail.com if you have any other questions. Happy planning!!

Re: vendor reviews

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Amy, if you don't mind me asking, what did your dress smell like after using Fashion Stitch? I'm considering using them since they got great reviews on this board, but after reading your review, I'm hesitant to take my dress there! Jody
  • edited December 2011
    It's kind of hard to describe... but I'd say a little musty and a little like food, it's definitely the exact same smell that the store has (although that probably doesn't help you at all).It wasn't a GOOD smell, obviously, but it wasn't horrible. I would still recommend her, it was just something that bothered me a small bit.
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Yeon...I didn't notice a smell when I was in there but now I'm wondering :)  How far in advance did you pick up your gown for it to be able to air out?  I was planning on picking mine up 5 days before my wedding but just in case there is a smell is that enough time to let it air out? Some of these seamstress need to make their places smell better...I didn't go with Rose Lafferty b/c all of her stuff comes back smelling like smoke.  
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a June wedding at Congress Hall and there were children in the pool splashing around and voyeurs watching the ceremony from the balcony... romantic!  Everything else there was very nice and well coordinated.  I'm sure you got a break from all the extra people around by getting married in October.Based on your reviews it sounds like you had an overall good experience.  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't have an issue with my dress smelling after being at Fashion Stitch.  I also had 4 BMs takes their dresses there and no one had any issues.  I hope this helps those of you who are worried!
    imageAnniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, SummerPastelBride (sorry, forgot your real name!). Jody
  • edited December 2011
    nygirl, I actually only picked it up 3 days in advance, but Yeon recommended that I take it out of the bag, hang it from somewhere high and drape the train over a chair rather than let it just hang in the bag- so I'm sure that helped. The smell wasn't offensive, just more "funny"- I'm also pretty sensitive to smells so it could have been worse for me than other people. miguelhilary, that is something I didn't think of. The pool was still open during our wedding in October (and may be a problem if you have a gorgeous day - what a catch 22 there), but it was high 50's and slightly raining (we were still able to have ours under the awning though) so it wasn't a problem. There were some "spectators" from the upstairs window at the corner of the building that showed up in a couple pics, but they didn't bother us during the ceremony at all.
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    miguelhilary2010 - a drawback to having your wedding in a public place. Same thing happens at beach weddings. Fat people in bathing suits gather around to watch. But I'd say the beautiful settings offset lack of privacy.
  • kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live around the corner from Yeon and take suits there and some BM dresses all the time.  My whole family uses her.  We love her and have never noticed the "smell" issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to say Congratulations!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had no issues with any smell with my gown, my niece's or my mom's.  Congrats to you Amy!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!And just to clarify: I think Yeon did a wonderful job, I got a great price, and I would still totally recommend her. The "smell" was minor, and like I said, it may have been more noticeable for me than someone else because I am admittedly pretty sensitive to smells.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations, Amy!!I just wanted to chime in, also, and say that I used Yeon for my dress and my sister used her for her BM dress and neither of us experienced any sort of funny odors.
  • cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy, I also forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!! I was able to see your photographers pix... love them!  I am so glad that your day was not hindered by the weather. Those nor-easters can be unpredictable... especially down the shore.Also, thanks for the info.Cathy
    edited December 2011
    Hope I didn't open a can of worms! :-O
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I was wondering if Somers Point Florist was reasonable in price? I am on a budget and I am looking for a florist in that area that is not too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    lol, it's OK!Thanks ladies :)jess, can you email me? gregnamy101709 at gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards