Ohio-Northeast
Options

dance lessons

my FI and I would like to take a few dance lessons (like 2-3 sessions) to avoide doing the Jr. high sway-back-and-forth during our first dance.  Any suggestions?We live on the west side of Cleveland. Thanks!

Re: dance lessons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I went to American Ballroom Center on Ridge Rd in Parma.  Diana was our instructor, and she was wonderful!  She taught us a foxtrot for our first dance and it was so much fun!  I highly recommend her- and don't be afraid to price haggle!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the community centers in your area. DH and I took ballroom and swing dance lessons before the wedding thru Brook Park's recreation dept. The instructor was actually from American Ballroom Centre (I don't remember her name though). It was a lot of fun and not very expensive at all. Middleburg Hts. Rec. Center also offers ballroom dance classes. BTW, you don't have to be a resident of the city to take classes -- you'll just pay a little more (like $5).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my DH and I took lessons at the Fred Astaire in northfield. We loved our instuction andy and had so much fun learning the dance. It was a big hit at the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I took lessons at the Middleburg Heights Rec Center last fall.  Also, if you are near the Westlake area, a new place just opened up on Center Ridge Road (same plaza as the Once Upon a Child store, near King James office buildings).  I have no personal experience with this place: http://starzballroom.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards