Maryland-Baltimore

Ceremony Music

Hi everyone,I remember reading a post a while back about someone using students from the music dept at the University of Maryland for ceremony music but can't find the post.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Also would be interested in other live music (probably strings or classical guitar?) people have used for ceremony music that they would recommend.  TIA!

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    I know bmore09bride used students from UMBC for her ceremony.  I think she just e-mailed the music department at the school and asked what the rate would be for a trio/quartet to perform.
  • edited December 2011
    We used a flute and classical guitar duo from Elan Artists (they are Peabody graduates). They were wonderful, although probably more expensive than hiring students.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • keer38keer38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted the string quartet from UMBC (got the contact info from here), but I actually ended up getting a cheaper quote through gigmasters.com. It is a great service! You can say exactly what you are looking for, and when and where your event is, and then musicians will respond to you to say what they would charge, and whether they're available. It made it really easy, and I saw a really wide range of quotes. HTH!
  • bejeweledonebejeweledone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a harpist and flutist...sound byte's sound wonderful and great resume too :)Melissa Tardiff DvorakHarpist202.262.2613melissa@capitolharpist.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used Charm City Quartet and found them through Gigmasters- I think they did a nice job. Charm City Quartet also has open rehearsals about every month or so in Federal Hill, so if you'd like to check them out you can.
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Antares Musicians and they have been wonderful to work with and helped me with the music selection for the ceremony since i was clueless!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards