New Jersey - South

Budget

Ok Im a NEW bride and i'm so lost, i REALLY need help IF ANYONE knows please help me i have a budget of 12,000 not included my dress or DJ, where can i go

Re: Budget

• edited December 2011
    Oh i 4got my guest list is 150 ppl
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congratulations on your engagement and take a deep breath! You might want to check out the Budget Wedding Message Boards for ideas. When are you getting married? I'm on a tight budget myself, but with careful research, I have found vendors that are relatively inexpensive. Please don't hesitate to ask questions; that's why we are here!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board! Do you know what time of year you want to get married? Off-season months for weddings usually cost less as do Friday and Sundays. Do you have any ideas for where you would like your reception?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters friend is getting married at the Renissance Room on Fries mill rd and paying $70 a person
  • dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you're budget is 12,000 and you're having 150 people then you need to work it backwards. so when you divide out NJ tax and tip, that roughly works out $60-$65 per head. when venues quote you a price per person ALWAYS ask if that includes tax and tip.  some places do, but most do not.  FWIW.  
  • amymk910amymk910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having my reception at Shannon's country house in atco. they are very reasonable and nice people to work with. Masso's in glassboro is also really reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! The Knot has a budget calculator that you may find helpful. The key to staying within budget is MAKING a budget, so be sure to make a budget BEFORE you book anything. It can be done, so as pp said - just breathe. Good Luck!
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Elite Caterers in Voorhees, and paying 59 a head.  that includes taxes and service charge, but not alcohol.  Check them out
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • coreybride127coreybride127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Shannon's Country House in Atco, I am having my wedding there. Packages start at 59 per head
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Valleybrook country club in blackwood on a saturday for 49.95 pp including cake.  You should check it out.  Packages are reasonable.  Be careful 12,000 is a tight budget.  I'm right around that with 160 people on guest list.  My budget includes flowers, dj, limo, photographer and church.  I'm hoping not everyone attends the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it is in your area, but I was in a wedding in which the reception was at Sensational Host.  The reception was at one of their secondary locations but their main location is in Maple Shade and the also do catering for other locations.  Their main location is not as nice as other venues but the service is great and the food was delicious!  Their packages can include a dj, all of the food, a yummy cake, and a limo and I believe they start at about $50 or $60/person.  I would highly recommend them!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone im getting married on friday May 6 ,2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards