Registry and Gift Forum

BB&B vs. Crate + Barrel

What is the difference between BB&B and Crate + Barrel (referring to what products they carry not their service)?  Is one more economical than the other?  TIA :)

Re: BB&B vs. Crate + Barrel

• I find BB&B to be cheaper, but I have an infinite number of 20% off coupons. I'm not sure how they would compare otherwise. I do feel like BB&B has a bigger variety of kitchen gadgets and linens, but C&B has furniture. You could always do both.
  • Yes, BB&B is less expensive than Crate and Barrel, there are also more locations.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it depends on what items you want to register for. Do you want fine china? Crystal? When it comes to the classic high-end name brand china and crystal (Lenox, Waterford, etc.), it won't be available at Crate and Barrel. Both stores have a lot of the same kitchen appliances and such, but I'd say BB&B probably has a more extensive selection. That said, I love Crate and Barrel. We registered there and Macy's. They have some really unique pieces that really fit our style. I also greatly prefer their stores to BB&B - clean, organized, easy to find what I want, where BB&B stores are always so big and crowded and unorganized that I hate going in them!
  • We did both. BBB lets you return items for cash which is a pro for a lot of people, but C&B customer service has been really amazing. One gift didn't make it to me and they sent a replacement no questions asked and they've been great about returns. I prefer C&B but if you are doing china/crystal you'll need BBB or a dept store that carries it.
  • I registered at both and had great experiences!
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think BB&B has an overall better selection and has better prices
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BB&B has better prices and a wider selections. C&B is more boutiqueish, but I think the quality of their items is outstanding if it's something you plan on keeping a long time.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards