Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon help...

We are getting married July 25th due to local avilability. Perfect time for weather at the beach, however, not so perfect for honeymoon excitement. My fiance and I are looknig forward to our getaway time but we both also like people and lots of entertainment. With our honeymoon taking place the very last week of July (this year), we are finding that not too many places are very busy this time of year. We prefer tropical yet close to home. Mexico is probably our first choice but apparently that is their "down-time" for the most part. Does anyone have any suggestions? We like 4/5 star luxury as well as very tropical. We are looking for it to be our choice of romantic alone time or people/party time during our stay (5-7 days..). Thanks for your input!!!

Re: Honeymoon help...

• My fiance and I are going to Cancun the last week of July for our honeymoon.
  • Secrets Maroma. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I would suggest a cruise - Lots of people and never a "down" season
  • My fiance and I are getting married July 24, and are leaving a few days later for Riveria Maya. We are the same way - want tropical, stuff to do, and still have time to relax. We can't afford something super extravagent like Europe, so Mexico was a great option.
    Plus, going in a someone off season can have it's perks. Mention your on your honeymoon and places are often likely to upgrade you if they can. Off season = more availability. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you should definitely stick with Mexico. There are some great resorts there that I think you will love! One resort, in particular, I would recommend is Huatulco. Dreams Huatulco is a fabulous all-inclusive located on the Pacific Coast in Southern Mexico on one of the largest bays. The staff truly goes out of their way to make sure you are having the most luxurious vacation possible. I think this resort would create the perfect balance for you and your new hubby! During the day, you can take on a number of activities or lounge by the pool and enjoy the yummy cocktails. At night, you can enjoy a romantic dinner at the adult only restaurant, Portofino or plan to have a quiet dinner on the beach. However, if you’re looking for a real treat, try a couple’s massage at the spa-it’s awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards