Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee Public Market-- weddings?

So I was down in the 3rd Ward today and outside they had a sign adverstising rehearsal dinners, weddings and a list of other events that can be held there. ?!I am looking for a non church wedding ceremony downtown area and haven't heard of this option. Has anyone seen where they do this? Or been to a wedding there? Also I've been on here asking for ideas before, but if anyone has any this time around I'd take them. I'm getting pretty depressed about my options. Must have piano and room for 150 people. And not over $1000.  We already have the reception set up at Joey Buonas.Thanks!

Re: Milwaukee Public Market-- weddings?

• Options
    BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Grace Center? I think it's owned by a Lutheran church, but they don't care about your religious affiliation. http://www.chefjacks.com/grace.htmThat link is from a caterer's site, just because the Center itself doesn't really have one. I think it's still too new? Anyway, I think it's only about $400 to rent.Hubbard Park is nice. They have a lodge if you don't want to do it outdoors, but they be more than $1000. Italian Conference Center? That's all I can think of for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the PAC, overlooks Water St. they have a piano and I think it was about $500 almost 3 years ago. It is beautiful at night.
  • Options
    boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually just went to look at that place at the PAC as a rain backup. It is really pretty! It's called the Anello Atrium, Holds up to 200 people. it is $700 and includes a piano, podium, mic, sound system, stage hand, chairs, chair setup, and two rooms for getting ready.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married at the Scottish Masonic Temple downtown.  I'm not sure of the pricing, but I know she was on a tight budget- may be worth checking into.  This may be a little different... have you looked at the Broadway Theatre Center in the Third Ward?  They have a great little salon area and pianos all over the place.  Not sure of the capacity, but again, just a thought.  Also, you can always check the Milwaukee Athletic Club - they have a lot of rooms, valet, etc.  You could also check Cuvee- the champagne bar in the Third Ward.  They have an awesome loft-style event space.  One more thought- if you are looking for something a little more chic and contemporary, look into renting one of the art galleries in the Third Ward.  Just an idea. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Milwaukee Public Market has an upper level that looks over the market that they rent out for events. It would be pretty cool all decorated w/ night views of the river, Water St. and St. Paul. I bet it'd make for some cool photo ops too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards